Bank of Cyprus UK sold-off and rebranding

2»

Comments

• soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,872
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I opened a new account with Cynergy last week. No problems - funded & visible same day.

I also held accounts with Bo Cyprus UK.
  • SpanishBlue
    SpanishBlue Posts: 592
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    As Bank of Cyprus, they lost £10,000 of my money for about 18 hours.

During that 18 hours, my statement showed that when I initially payed in £1 when I opened the account, my balance was -£9,999;)

It was late one night when I discovered the problem, I sent them a secure message and phoned them 1st thing the next morning.

They said that can't happen but would look into it and get back to me, They never did. The missing money reappeared later that afternoon.

On another occasion when I tried to open a new account as my bonus was coming to an end, I got an email telling me that they couldn't verify my details despite me be an existing customer!

Joke of a bank, avoid like the plague.
  • zilla6
    zilla6 Posts: 39
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    As far as I can see, Cynergy Bank isn't on Trust Pilot. However Cynergy Credit solutions are, and that's nothing to do with the bank.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,401
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    zilla6 wrote: »
    As far as I can see, Cynergy Bank isn't on Trust Pilot. However Cynergy Credit solutions are, and that's nothing to do with the bank.
    The Trustpilot reviews are all still shown under the old brand name, the most recent at https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.bankofcyprus.co.uk was a week ago....
  • SpanishBlue
    SpanishBlue Posts: 592
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    zilla6 wrote: »

They are there under their old name of Bank of Cyprus.

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.bankofcyprus.co.uk
  • Debating whether to transfer a large amount from maturing Isa into there 1.63 fix. Worried it could go belly up judging by what's being said. Anyone xfered an Isa?
    Cheers:beer:
  • Wheres_My_Cashback
    Wheres_My_Cashback Posts: 4,291
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 17 September 2019 at 3:20PM
    Cynergy are good. Had their 1.56% instant access account for a year now. Transfers in/out are seamless and take no more than a couple of minutes.

As for Trust Pilot...the least reliable of any review site out there and known for persistent fake reviews.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Another vote for Cynergy. Very easy to open an account, and to operate it. Great, proactive, CS - they contacted me within minutes of me sending money to a closed account by mistake, and returned the money straight away.

Shame the 1.56% is no longer available but they offered me a market-leading 1.5% one (12 mths only) to replace it. I'd choose Cynergy over Marcus now, for a 1.45% account.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Worried it could go belly up judging by what's being said.
    You'd get FSCS protection on up to £85K, so they are as safe as any other bank offering FSCS.

What is being said, by whom?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport