No claims certificate

Please can someone advise. I have just cancelled my insurance with budget and on the second page of the certificate they have listed my husband's accident and said he was at fault. Now he wasn't at fault it was the other driver that hit him but another thing he claimed through his own insurance company as he was in his car. So not in my car and not through my insurance company. Why should that be declared on my no claims certificate?

Comments

• Aretnap
    Aretnap Posts: 5,214 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    meitis1969 wrote: »
    Please can someone advise. I have just cancelled my insurance with budget and on the second page of the certificate they have listed my husband's accident and said he was at fault. Now he wasn't at fault it was the other driver that hit him but another thing he claimed through his own insurance company
    If he claimed through his own insurance company it will be treated as a fault claim unless and until his insurance company recovers its money from the at fault driver. This can take a number of months. So if it was a recent (in insurance terms) accident the claim may still be ongoing, and so it would be listed as fault. Alternatively if it has been fully settled your insurance company might still have it listed as fault if you haven't told them it's been settled - his insurance company will not update yours about the progress of the claim off their own back.

So not in my car and not through my insurance company. Why should that be declared on my no claims certificate?
    I would imagine that the no claims certificate would include information relevant to the policy much like a renewal notice (normally a renewal notice doubles as a no claims certificate). If your husband is a named driver on your policy his claims record would normally be listed on the renewal notice, so I imagine it would be on the no claims certificate too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure