The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Military discounts in New York

Hi,

I just wondered whether anyone has travelled to New York recently and has used their MOD90 to get discounts on entry to attractions/museums etc? I know the US used to be good for helping Coalition troops and wondered if this was still the case?

Many thanks.

Comments

• kangoora
    kangoora Posts: 1,193
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    There's this thread from 2008, obviously a long time ago......

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1340579

Sounds like you just need to try it when buying something. The americans are generally very supportive of their armed forces and, by association, UK armed forces also.

Not like most UK firms where the forces discount is typically the same discount you can get from any voucher offer, special offer etc.

Maybe there are some exceptions but seems to me the typical UK 'forces discount' is something any joe bloggs can get if they look around for it.
  • I am a veteran and no longer have an MOD90 but have shown my defence discount in various places in the US somtimes it is $5 off but in Gatlinburg TN we got our mini golf for the whole family free there were 7 of us. So it is always worth asking.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure