• FloFlo
    FloFlo Posts: 32,720 Forumite
    Options
    flyingflea wrote: »
    I did quite well :D

This lot cost me £2:

wp000897.jpg

The Dairy Milks were from various WHSmiths

How much were the dairy milks in smiths, could you post more details of these please.
  • fionajbanana
    fionajbanana Posts: 1,611 Forumite
    Options
    No 1p bargains I saw.

I saw a couple of chocolate lines in the clearance with no price ticket. Took one of each to the price scanner wall units which are dotted in the store and they were £6.49 each. Left them there.
  • JanandJam
    Options
    At our local store - Hattersley - tried to purchase an item in the sale marked at £5 but the till only charged 4p. The girl on the till called the supervisor over who said that there was a problem with reduced products at the moment and all were scanning at 1p or 4p. The supervisor cancelled the 4p charge and overwrote the scan then inputted a manual £5 homewear price.
    If I had read this article first I would have realised what was happenning.
    The item did not fit - but on returning the item getting a full refund was difficult, as the till tried to refund 4p not £5. So be careful to check your receipt
  • Luckystar
    Luckystar Posts: 1,062 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    katier9876 wrote: »
    I could only find the crackers with the correct bar code but they were scanning at the usual price :(

I also found the jacobs crackers with bar code ending 8099 but scanned at £2.19:(
  • Lizles
    Options
    Thank you Martin for the 1p items tip at Tesco. I found four boxes of Black Magic chocolates in the sweets aisle at Tesco's in Eston, Middlesbrough.

I also found a quantity of Jacobs Cheese Biscuits with the correct bar code in Tesco's in Redcar but they refused to sell me them at 1p each. When I queried this, I was informed that all the offers had been taken off sale and were in the stock room (one presumes that perhaps the staff would be offered them?) or am I just cynical? The Jacob's biscuits were not part of the 1p offer according to this store! Can you check the bar code provided or have they got this wrong?

Love your site and always refer to you for any big financial decisions. Thank you.
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 26 April 2013 at 11:30AM
    Options
    I live in South East London and have found 2 boxes of Black Magic in two of my local Tesco Stores. I used the self service till. I too found the Jacobs Savoury Cracker Assortment in one of the stores, but they scanned at full price and I did not have the nerve to query the price. My first time of actually finding a Tesco 1p deal and saved myself £14.98!!!!!

Just to update today, I found another 5 boxes of Black Magic in another Tesco Store locally. No Self service, but was able to buy them at the till point. The sales assistant was astonished that the sale was a total of 5p. She was pleased for me when I explained that they were on sale at 1p each. She asked if there were any more, but she laughed when I said I had bought every box there was!

I have 5 family birthdays in May, so I will not be eating most of the chocolate myself.
  • aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    Options
    Lizles wrote: »
    Thank you Martin for the 1p items tip at Tesco. I found four boxes of Black Magic chocolates in the sweets aisle at Tesco's in Eston, Middlesbrough.

I also found a quantity of Jacobs Cheese Biscuits with the correct bar code in Tesco's in Redcar but they refused to sell me them at 1p each. When I queried this, I was informed that all the offers had been taken off sale and were in the stock room (one presumes that perhaps the staff would be offered them?) or am I just cynical? The Jacob's biscuits were not part of the 1p offer according to this store! Can you check the bar code provided or have they got this wrong?

Love your site and always refer to you for any big financial decisions. Thank you.

They've not been 1p for ages. Martin's info was out of date
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    Options
    No 1p bargains I saw.

I saw a couple of chocolate lines in the clearance with no price ticket. Took one of each to the price scanner wall units which are dotted in the store and they were £6.49 each. Left them there.

Stores have been known to disable/remove scanners if people dump goods at them like this.
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • bcw123
    bcw123 Posts: 980 Forumite
    Options
    aau1 wrote: »
    Stores have been known to disable/remove scanners if people dump goods at them like this.

Totally agree we lost our one because of laziness of customers who scan and leave products by scanner
  • ChrisEvanson
    Options
    Just remember, sometimes 1p items are in the system because they have been discontinued from the range, or are seasonal, but are re listed again and delivered but the price file slow to be updated. Also sometimes it can be a mistake (seems the case with the Jacobs, now corrected). You don't have a right to buy them at that price. If the tills have been updated you certainly don't have a right to expect them at the lower price! If however they scan at 1p and you pay and get issued with a receipt, the transaction is complete and they have no right to take them off you. Just reminding everyone where you stand with your rights.

By far the best way to do this is go through self scan quietly without drawing attention to yourself or the offer. Getting staff to scan them to test the price just flags it up and whilst you may get your goods, nobody else will get any more. Often then they phone nearby stores and get staff to check all similar lines - so even more people miss out.

Low key whilst in store is the way to play the game. Share with other MSE'rs by all means, but don't announce names of stores you find them in as it just kills it dead.
    If I had a pound for every pound I'd lost, I'd be confused
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport