Tesco bank Personal Loan credit check

Hi Guys!

The users of this site seem to be quite helpful so giving this Q a go. I am getting to grips with credit checks/scores etc and trying to figure a few things out.

I understand different organisations do different types of checks but Does anyone know how detailed a credit check with Tesco Bank is for a personal loan? e.g What do they see? Can they see direct debits? Can they see standing orders? Can they see the amounts for each outgoing amount? Does anyone know which CRA they use (I am with Equifax and would like them to use that CRA)

Kind regards

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    No. Lenders don't see any details of your bank account transactions.

Broadly speaking, just your credit agreements, your payments and any status markers (late, overlimit, defaulted etc).
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    CAS2018 wrote: »
    I understand different organisations do different types of checks but Does anyone know how detailed a credit check with Tesco Bank is for a personal loan? e.g What do they see? Can they see direct debits? Can they see standing orders? Can they see the amounts for each outgoing amount? Does anyone know which CRA they use (I am with Equifax and would like them to use that CRA)

All a potential lender sees is your history of credit account management (to identify risk). They also see whether you are on the electoral register and other things such as fraud markers etc.
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    CAS2018 wrote: »
    Hi Guys!

The users of this site seem to be quite helpful so giving this Q a go. I am getting to grips with credit checks/[STRIKE]scores[/STRIKE] history etc and trying to figure a few things out.

Kind regards

Well unfortunately they like any other lender/bank etc will use whatever agency they use, you/we the customer cant make them use another agency. Which ever 1 they were to use should in theory be the same across all 3 agencies.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure