CANVA for newsprint

Options
Hi friends. :-)

I currently create all our ads via Canva. Its very good and does exactly what I want it to for social media & our website. I created an ad to go in a professional journal and it has been returned as not suitable. It states "unfortunately it is low res and the ink coverage is to high." [sic] I don't know how to convert the existing ad to make it suitable. My searching brings up photoshop [eek]. Can anyone tell me simply what to do?

Thanks, as always.
:hello: Don't believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you want:hello:

Comments

• Scoflo
    Scoflo Posts: 329 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The exact wording is:

Please supply pass4press PDF via email.
    All PDFs must be high resolution (300dpi), CMYK with fonts
    embedded. We cannot be held responsible for colour content of
    any RGB files supplied.

If that's any help. :-(
    :hello: Don't believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you want:hello:

• sparkermarketing
    Options
    Are you downloading the Print Quality PDF version of the file? or the PNG image file? The PDF should be high enough quality (I have used this in the past for print publications).

Ink coverage too high, basically means that you have too many colours and not enough white space so you just need to amend that to meet whatever their requirement is.

Alternatively, the publication probably has a design department who can alter the file for you.
  • Scoflo
    Scoflo Posts: 329 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thank, that's very helpful. I suspect I didn't use the PDF to print in the past. Hopefully, this will circumvent the several emails I had in the past - they ended up doing it for me the last time!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure