Any positive stories changing from DLA to PIP?

Comments

• kingfisherblue
    kingfisherblue Posts: 9,203 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    One of my Guides goes to the same special school as my son. She's older than the other Guides but has stayed due to her special needs. Her transfer from DLA to PIP was successful, with enhanced rates awarded for both components. My son hasn't received his 'invitation' yet, but I'm not worrying about it at the moment.
  • My dad is on high rate for both on DLA.I don't think there will be s problem with his transfer as he is obviously physically disabled- the result of an operation & he can't even hold a pen. I wanted to say that my mum took a two week period and chose several days over that period and wrote a diary of my dads life on those days and sent that in with the form.I think it would be a good idea for you to do that.As for positive stories,I applied for pip after a long term health condition got much worse.I expected it to be an awful process but it was totally fine.No problems at all.The decision maker wrote to my doctor for a report and she was very supportive too.Its true that only negative experiences get heard about .Take Care.
  • NeilCr wrote: »
    Which bit of "any positive stories" did you not understand?

I see a lot of PIP applicants and many of those are changing from DLA. And a big majority do just fine. TELLIT01's post is spot on and is much more in the real world (and representative of a group of applicants) as opposed to rockingbilly's self centred post which please take little heed of

There are, indeed, bad experiences but loads of folks do just fine

Good luck!
    If you were only to give positive replies there would be the danger that everyone would think that there are no negative stories - you need a balance.
  • TELLIT01 wrote: »
    Your choice entirely, but if they can only contact you by letter it will slow down the process considerably. It won't bother DWP, just don't whinge about how long everything takes.

I didn't actually do any 'whinging' about timings or delays??
    Personally I don't care how long the DWP take to reply to letters. If they take too long, they get a reminder and if they still don't reply it goes straight to the MP.
    I certainly don't worry about the length of time involved.

No doubt I do create delays. Better that then have personal information including mobile numbers being passed to who knows who down the line.
  • NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    My apologies Bogalot

I'll leave it that the troll is clearly unable to read and respect the thread title

And I'll go and watch the telly for a few hours!
  • liketoknow
    liketoknow Posts: 107 Forumite
    My sister in law had a face to face assessment in her own home, she ended up better off on PIP than she was on DLA. No problems.
  • EmeraldEye
    EmeraldEye Posts: 27 Forumite
    Initially I was due to have a face to face assessment but that was changed to a home assessment and then the DWP instructed Capita to make a paper based decision days before the home assessment was due to take place - So in the end I did not have an assessment in person at all and I was awarded the Enhanced rate until 2021.
  • liketoknow wrote: »
    My sister in law had a face to face assessment in her own home, she ended up better off on PIP than she was on DLA. No problems.

How did she manage to get a home assessment?
    I presume her GP told the assessor that her health would be impaired if she was to leave her home - just interested - there never seems to be any set criteria.

I'm hoping that they don't just dismiss my claim without seeking evidence or offer a face to face, One at home would suit me better.
  • bspm
    bspm Posts: 541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    How did she manage to get a home assessment?
    I presume her GP told the assessor that her health would be impaired if she was to leave her home - just interested - there never seems to be any set criteria.

Maybe she asked for one.........
  • missysmum
    missysmum Posts: 36 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I was on DLA 15 years,high rate mobility component,indefinite, no care.

Applied for PIP, was assessed without any evidence,was given standard rate on both.

My motability car had to be returned. I appealed. Mandatory Reconsideration was successful, high rate mobility was awarded.

We purchased our own car.

My husband can now claim carers allowance. We are financially much better off than what I was on DLA.

I think that if things hadn't changed,I would never have been reviewed by the DWP. No one reviewed me in all of the 15 years and I didn't think to ask for one.

I'm happy. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport