Travelling On

Comments

• rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Happy Easter KC!

:easter_ba

:j Excited for your kitchen make-over starting tomorrow!:j
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Thank you both :hello::hello:
    I'm just off out into the garden - the wild garlic is flowering, there's much more foliage (hopefully leading to fruit) on the fruit bushes, and even though there's a ton of weeding to be done, the bones of the garden are still there. And the two of the four little raspberry cuttings have rooted {thank you again, apple!). I have the shelves from the old dishwasher over them to prevent the cats digging that area, so I think their roots must be getting beautifully established now :):) happy days.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    So pleased that some rasps are growing. 2 this year, 22 next!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,257 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Hope all goes well tomorrow :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    So pleased that some rasps are growing. 2 this year, 22 next!
    That's two sets of roots, apple, not two raspberries, give the poor little things a chance :rotfl:
    beanielou wrote: »
    Hope all goes well tomorrow :)
    Thanks beanie! I'm kind of terrified, but I'm sure it will be fine in reality.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,257 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Sure all will be fine :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Hope it goes well today x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Thinking of you and hoping it goes well (and that the builders turn up - given it is a bank holiday here!). I love re-purposing old kitchen cupboards - my little log-store outside the back door is an old carcass without the door for the kindling logs now!

We have about 8 Asparagus spears to harvest today - we had a false start after DS dug them all out the first autumn after we put them (over 3 years ago) in a case of not listening to the "keep this, dig up this" instruction :eek: - this will be our first harvest (the bunnies took them last year) :EasterBun: but revenge is mine. :)
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 25.04% spent or £754.10/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,895 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Hey Karma, hope it's all going well and the radio silence is just caused by busy-ness, not you being trapped by an avalanche of cupboards! :eek:

SL - very envious of your asparagus spears, although they sound hard won! Enjoy!
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Karmacat
    :hello: Hello lovely online friends :hello:
    Sorry about the radio silence - busyness is huge, and the effort of getting the final few bits out of the kitchen was unexpected :o

I'd started to think I was going to have builder trouble - they said 8, but turned up at 8.45. Actually, I could see their van the whole time - they were having a cuppa together, three of them, which is fair enough on a bank holiday after all! They were lovely, and extremely efficient. I didn't realise they'd need to knock a hole through the kitchen/living room wall to support the steels properly :o so I had a lot of rejigging there. The brick of the chimney breast/party wall was exposed in short order, I was horrified at the look of it :rotfl:but they seemed to think it was normal, so thats okay. All that demolition work, the steels (two of them) in and immediate plastering work done - and they were out of here by 2.45, astonishing! And wonderful!

I was shattered, of course - I didn't even bother switching on the computer - but at least I slept. Today, it's just been one guy, who looks like a teenager to me :o but must be mid 20s as he's done not only the demolition of the kitchen but also the first of the electrical work. He's still here, I'm perched on the chair that I use as my bedside table to keep out of the way.

One double cabinet is okay for the shed, but the 2nd was too tightly wedged and had to be destroyed. Luckily, I had a single one also available, it has a glass front but he got it out without any problems. SL, I've not only repurposed that, but some very old grill pans under the stove when it came out, they might be in the garden but I can see me using them for microgreens when everything gets sorted :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure