I think I have a bit of a problem...

I got myself in a lot of debt in my early 20s. Ended up with defaults and it took me forever to pay it off but I was so proud. I spend when I'm down. It makes me feel better.
Now I'm early 30s and I've fallen into the same cycle. We have £4k on one credit card which is interest free and £2k on another which really isn't. I'm so fed up with myself for frittering money away on !!!!. We should be able to enjoy a nice family holiday this year but we can't now. I'm just out of control I don't know what to start :(
Pay off Debts by Christmas 2015 = DEBT FREE! :)

Comments

• Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,293
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hi happybunny86,

The best place to start is probably with a spending of some sort, to keep track of where money is going, and then of course you need a current Statement of Affairs (SOA) so that you can set a new monthly budget. Do both of those things, and you will once again be able to pay down your debt in no time. :)

Just thinking, you may also find it beneficial to keep a DFW diary going on these boards. :)

Have you tried applying for a 0% Balance Transfer card to cut back on interest payments on your existing card with the 2K balance?
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family