The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Could it work? Your thoughts please...

So.....I've dreamt up this 'idea' which I feel could be successful. I understand it's risky to 'disclose your ideas' as such, however everyone on this forum has always been more than helpful so I thought what better place to come.

For the gamblers among us, it is relating to SkyBet's Crowdboosting concept. For those of you that don't gamble, essentially SkyBet will post a bet, for example City, Chelsea and Liverpool all to win this weekend priced at 3/1. When 5k people back this bet, the odds hike to 4/1, when 10k it may reach 5/1.

My idea is to work with small businesses on sharing style basis. I share a product of theirs at say £25, once 50 people share it, it drops to £20 and once 100 it may drop to £15 (just ballpark figures!)

This helps small businesses get recognised more alongside also sellng their products.

Appreciate your thoughts - don't be shy!

Thanks,

Dave

Comments

• Owain_Moneysaver
    Owain_Moneysaver Posts: 11,357
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    A bit like Price Drop TV but on social media?
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • A bit like Price Drop TV but on social media?

PriceDrop TV that's a throwback, but yes think a 2019 version I guess.

What do you think?
  • letsbuyit.com set out as a website with a similar principal. A bit like groupon offers but the more people that signed up the lower the price got. I don't think that is how the leysbuyit.com site works now

edit- I don't think it even exists now....
  • Elise1912
    Elise1912 Posts: 54 Forumite
    Yeah, this reminds me of QVC selling jewellery, when they've sold 100 price drops etc. Sounds like a good idea in principle. Price drops the more people buy something. But how will you get all of the customers in?
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Owain_Moneysaver Posts: 11,357
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Elise1912 wrote: »
    Yeah, this reminds me of QVC selling jewellery, when they've sold 100 price drops etc.

I think you're confusing your TV shopping channels :rotfl:
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure