Diamond Painting

Kevie192
Kevie192 Posts: 1,146 Forumite
Hi all,

My mum has started doing this and it looks like fun... Wondered if anyone else here does it?

If so, any tips on best places and brands to buy and/or pics of your finished pieces?

Thanks,

Kevin

Comments

• Hayley37
    Hayley37 Posts: 5 Forumite
    I've brought lots from eBay. I get them from China so they are really cheap but do take while to arrive. I've also bought personalised photo ones to complete from Aliexpress . Sorry I'm not sure how to add photos but they have turned out fab!
  • Kevie192 wrote: »
    Hi all,

My mum has started doing this and it looks like fun... Wondered if anyone else here does it?

If so, any tips on best places and brands to buy and/or pics of your finished pieces?

Thanks,

Kevin

I bought mine from Aliexpress, they are really cheap to buy as they are coming from china, but they can take a while to arrive. If you buy any check their feedback, shop around all the different sellers and you will be spoilt for choice. When they arrive check to make sure all the different packs of stones are there, if any are missing contact the seller and they will send what's missing. I bought a small clip on usb light that's only small from aliexpress, it makes a big difference, it makes seeing the pattered symbols easier and they also have some great storage options for the stones too
  • This seems to be everywhere these days - not started one yet but some good prices on ebay and aliexpress. Also dfound some nice ones on Amazon.
    There are great movies on Youtube giving lots of tips. Also there are 4 different ones sold at The Works.
  • welshbabe88
    welshbabe88 Posts: 182
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Doesn't look like many here are keen on Diamond Painting - there are lots of Facebook groups where people share what they have done.
  • luxor4t
    luxor4t Posts: 11,125
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    It is frequently listed as 'cross stitch' on e bay but as far as I can tell they are totally different techniques - needle, thread and a chart vs stylus, beads and a sticky pad - or am I missing something?
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
  • welshbabe88
    welshbabe88 Posts: 182
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    No you are correct - I usually search for 5d diamond painting - some cheap kits on ebay and Amazon - ot Aliexpress too.
    You can do full drill - which means canvas completely covered, or partials - where only part has the diamond beads on - that's my favourite as it doesn't take so long and it makes my arms and shoulder ache but lots like the full drill as I expect the effect is better.
    I get frames from charity shops.
  • This is the one my wife did, it does not allow me to upload the image...
  • abdonz
    abdonz Posts: 123
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Hey everyone. Ive just got my first diamond painting kit in post.  So excited to get started. Anyone got any tips to get me started xx
    Needs a hobby and chat too
  • ilovetea
    ilovetea Posts: 1,175
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Just take your time and enjoy doing your kit, Warning,It's quite addictive!.
       ilovetea  xxx

Make £2024 in 2024 £925.91
    Declutter 2024 things in 2024 807/2024.
    NSD's in Feb Target 20. So far 21/20.
    NSD's in Mar. Target 20. So far 21/20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts