First Craft Fair - Art Commissions

Hi Everyone!

I'm thinking of doing my first ever craft fair but not sure what to prepare. I will be selling commssioned artwork (portraits, pets, wildlife) where the buyer would provide a reference photo, choose their paper size and material (pencil, cololured pencil or biro) and I would schedule them in my diary to create the art and post to them once complete (keeping them informed by email with pics on the process).

I will take along some artwork that I have completed to have on show and know I will need some sort of contract for the commissioned work and a receipt book for deposits but not sure what else if anything?

Does anyone do anything similar and have experience to provide me some advice please?

I dont know if I need any type of insuurance (public liability) or anything as it's not a product i'm selling (its just a piece of paper with a drawing on essentially)?

Thanks so much in advance!

Emma

Comments

• Elise1912
    Elise1912 Posts: 54 Forumite
    I don't think you would need any type of insurance. Which event is it you're going to? I would take as many of your finished pieces as possible including the images that were provided beforehand so people can see the likeness.
  • oystercatcher
    oystercatcher Posts: 2,326
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I would suggest also making some generic artwork to sell on the day. So maybe draw popular dog breeds or cats , things for people to impulse buy on the day rather than book up.
    Decluttering, 20 mins / day Jan 2024 2/2 
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport