PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Islandmaid wrote: »
    I think it does add to the flavour, but mainly the appearance, but whichever, if it tastes good, it’ll do for me :D

Absolutely :D

Lunch today was (unsurprisingly) a pulled pork brioche roll with pickles and slaw.

Looks like I have enough pork left for 2 more buns...which is handy as that's how many I have left. Might have a change tomorrow though - even portion up some of the pork and freeze for the warmer months.

So, dinner was a more sedate affair of a Cook! prawn, chorizo and lentil pot for one (OH had toast when he got in from work)

Freezer is looking a little more orderly at last but still lots to use in there - and that flipping tart is still taking up acres of space.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yesterdays beef was so lovely, we are having it again tonight lol

The bread pudding is surprisingly good as well
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Piri piri chicken thighs with mushrooms, courgette and potato
  • Lunch today will be home made soup as usual, variety to be decided on and supper this evening will be some lovely pork faggots in gravy that I got from the Pork Deli near to Nell's home yesterday which will have mashed potato and greens with them. Pudding most likely a yoghurt and some black coffee to finish.
  • Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Some form of Thai curry with some veg & I might serve with noodles rather than rice.
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    DH is in the midst of making a steak and mushroom pie, which will be served with mash and greens.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • purpleybat
    Options
    for tonight i'm going to make brisket and kidney stew in a beer gravy with dumplings. just what I fancy on a cold day. a bonus cos I want to get more sorting of books done for the charity shop and it'll bubble happily in the slowy.
    there's a lot of meat so apart from onions I don't think anything else will fit in so veggies will have to be done separately.
    tomorrow will be more stew but with mash and there should be leftovers for the freezer and i'm planning on making a suet pudding with some too.
  • purpleybat
    Options
    Jazee wrote: »
    DH is in the midst of making a steak and mushroom pie, which will be served with mash and greens.

ooooh! mushrooms :D
    I have some that need using up, they might have to be squeezed in the slowy too. thanks for reminding me.
  • hatful-of-hollow
    Options
    Lunch today is leftover chicken made into a broth with veg and soup mix (peas, lentils etc), served with a baguette.

Tonight we are having burger in a bun with special burger sauce from my takeaway secret book - french fries as well.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Chilli and nachos here - having a CBA day and that is easy ;)
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport