My 5 year plan

Options

Comments

• fatrab
    fatrab Posts: 1,231 Forumite
    Options
    AAAAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I can't seem to break this 16st barrier. 16st 0 again this morning, been stuck here for 2 weeks and it's frustrating. Drastic measures required methinks. Atkins anyone?

Hope you all have a great weekend. Have fun in the snow and stay safe :)
    You can have results or excuses, but not both.
    Challenge - be 14 Stone BY XMAS!

• Storm89
    Storm89 Posts: 592 Forumite
    Options
    Ah fatrab sorry you've hit a brick wall with the weight loss. My husband has decided to join the gym lol. Keep pushing through x
  • fatrab
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Not a lot to report today, hardly budged over the weekend due to the weather.

Mixed news on the car front, I noticed at the weekend that the 4x4 needs 2 tyres so ordered them yesterday morning, but then had a phone call an hour later from someone wanting to see it and he's coming out this afternoon. Fingers crossed that he isn't another timewaster (I've had plenty so far!) and that he wants to pay a fair price for it. I'll just need to factor in the price of the tyres to whatever price we agree to sell it for.

In any event, I wouldn't be happy selling it without the new tyres being fitted. The current rear tyres are over 5 years old and are showing signs of cracking, so even though they've still got 4mm of tread they need changing. The fronts were replaced in 2015 and still have 6mm so they're fine.

My own car had a bulb out, so I investigated this and found that the salt has got into the bulb holders so they'll need replaced (£18 each x 2) which is very frustrating as it's only just 3 years old. I'm hoping that I can persuade the dealership/manufacturer to show a bit of goodwill and not charge me. I'll chance my arm, what's the worst that can happen ;)

And I'm going to lose 3 lbs this week. No ifs, buts or maybes. I know what I've done wrong the past 2 weeks and I'm going to put it right this week.

Happy Monday!

• JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    Hey Rab, sorry about the additional car expenses but the viewer sounds promising. Hopefully they're a serious buyer and you can come to a price that benefits both of you.

I hear your frustrations about maintaining the same weight - sounds like you need to change it up. I'm a firm believer that your body can get used to the way you're feeding it and weight loss can slow down (not scientific, just my experience) so shaking up your tactics and doing something different could give your body the kick it needs to shift a few pounds.
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • fatrab
    Options
    JoJoC wrote: »
    sounds like you need to change it up.
    Exactly my thinking on the matter too, time to try something different! I need to bring a bit more exercise into the equation too. Next weigh in is Friday so will see how it's going by then :)

• savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,373 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope you manage to sell your car at the right time for you and at the right price.

Sounds like you are making real progress.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.3K
    3) CC £4.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.1K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • fatrab
    edited 6 March 2018 at 10:25AM
    Options
    So the guy turned up yesterday, had a test drive, commented on how clean it was and asked the usual question "What's your best price?" so we told him.

He told us he had another one to see and that he'd call us back within a few hours and let us know either way. Still waiting for that phone call. Hate to say it but I think we've had our time wasted again.

I spent a good few hours cleaning the big thing at the weekend and it almost looks too good to sell! It's immaculate for it's age but think I might be being a bit optimistic with the price. I'm not even sure I can be bothered with the hassle of selling it any more, I'm becoming disheartened!

Slightly better news with my car, the bulb holders were only £6 each so I don't feel so bad that I had to pay for those (instead of the £18 each I was expecting). They should arrive at the dealership today so I'll pop up and collect them on my way home.

Cars have been the bain of my life the past few years!

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning Rab,

Fingers crossed that your car sells, how annoying that people just waste time like that.

Result on the bulbs for your car.

Have a lovely day x
  • fatrab
    Options
    Think I may have spoken too soon on the bulb holders, garage just called to say they've ordered the wrong parts. Correct parts will be here tomorrow. Hopefully not too much of a price difference but I was reliably informed on Sunday by a friend in the trade that they're £18 and not £6.
    Dammit :(

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    fatrab wrote: »
    Hopefully not too much of a price difference but I was reliably informed on Sunday by a friend in the trade that they're £18 and not £6.
    Dammit :(

Oh bums! Hopefully they'll honour a lower price for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure