Options

Comments

• Flt._Lt._Biggles
    Flt._Lt._Biggles Posts: 300 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Post
    edited 10 May 2018 at 12:59PM
    Options
    AndyMTB wrote: »
    Jenny at Spark has been in contact with my daughter and is sorting things out - thanks Jenny!

Well done Spark Energy, and in particular Jenny, for resolving this matter. :T

It's not just price that is important, but exceptional customer service like this.
    From zero to hero in just 18 hours.

I will be sure to recommend Spark Energy in the future.

Well done!
    AndyMTB wrote: »
    It looks like the letting agent (a major national chain with whom I intend to make contact) set up an account with Spark AFTER my daughter had already ended her tenancy and vacated the dwelling. To my mind, this constitutes fraud.

You can report fraud here.

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report-a-fraud-including-online-crime-questions

Or if you don't want top spend 20 minutes of your time filling in that online form, call 101 and report the matter that way.

Whichever way, do not let the fraudsters get away with it, and probably continue to defraud others in the future too. - do report it.

But remember, after your daughter's tenancy agreement had terminated, then your daughter is no longer responsible for the utility bills at that address.
    (Did she inform the utility suppliers of her leaving the property?)

Furthermore, in the absence of any immediate replacement tenant, then the landlord (or his/her agent) will become responsible for the utilities, and are permitted to switch to any supplier they wish.

Looks like they made a wise decision based on the customer support you have been given by Spark Energy here.

But I'm not sure how you construe that as fraud. :huh:
  • Hi Andy

Thanks for confirming. I've sent your daughter a response and she's been back in touch so hopefully we can get this all sorted out.

Kind regards

Jenny
    Customer Relations Manager
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Spark Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Hi Andy

Thanks for coming back to confirm. Really glad I'm able to help.

Kind regards

Jenny
    I am the official company representative of Spark Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Jrnj94
    Jrnj94 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hello, I have been having major problems with trying to resolve issues with spark energy beacuse of letters I have been getting from opos- I am on my 3rd letter now!! And despite several phone calls and emails (to which I have often received no reply!) Still the issue has not been sorted. I have seen that Jenny from spark energy has been very helpful to people on this forum and I was wondering if, Jenny, it may be possible for you to help me? Thanks
  • Hi Jrnj94

I would be happy to help.

Can you please email the address in my profile confirming your full name, your supply address, and confirming your MSE screen name as well?

Kind regards

Jenny
  • paddyandstumpy
    paddyandstumpy Posts: 1,486 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi Jrnj94

I would be happy to help.

Can you please email the address in my profile confirming your full name, your supply address, and confirming your MSE screen name as well?

Kind regards

Jenny

Jenny I have sent an email in the last 5 minutes to the address in your profile, subject line begins "Apartment 6" (full address not put on here).

This is a follow up email to one I sent 6 days ago which is remains not responded to. Can you arrange for it to be reviewed please.
  • bibek
    bibek Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    Spark energy are turning out to be worse than Npower and thats saying something!!
    Moved into my rented flat in May, annoyingly the estate agents had already asked Spark to supply to the property. Once I moved in, I switched to Bulb and gave them my final meter readings. I get my final bill from Spark which was no where near the actual readings. Its a new property so my initial electric meter readings were only 849 and the final read was 920. Spark sent me a final bill in which the start read was stated as 7244 and final as 7469(e) which is an estimated read despite Bulb having supplied them with the correct final meter reading of 920 which is my start read with Bulb.
    Today got a call from opos but the phone cut off and had a quick look on google and found this thread. I emailed Spark customer service well over a week ago with a picture of my meter showing the initial read of 849 and telling them they have incorrect readings despite having correct meter serial numberand have had no response yet. What I have had from them is a text message everyday asking me to pay my balance and an automated call every other day to pay the balance and now some debt collecting agency. What a complete joke, sort yourselves out Spark!
  • Hi bibek

Sorry to hear about this.

Can you please contact me using the email address in my profile? I'd need confirmation of your full name, your supply address, your opening and closing readings and any other information that would be helpful.

Kind regards

Jenny
  • bibek
    bibek Posts: 47 Forumite
    edited 6 July 2018 at 10:55AM
    Options
    Hi bibek

Sorry to hear about this.

Can you please contact me using the email address in my profile? I'd need confirmation of your full name, your supply address, your opening and closing readings and any other information that would be helpful.

Kind regards

Jenny
    Hi Jenny,

I forwarded my email that I had sent your customer service to you (customerexperience@sparkenergy.co.uk) after posting my comment on here.
    I have attached final bills that were sent to me by yourselves which should have the relevant account information.

Edit: Within couple of hours of forwarding my initial email I had sent to Spark to Jenny, shes resolved the issue :T
  • Im_A_Mouse_In_Need
    Im_A_Mouse_In_Need Posts: 53 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 6 July 2018 at 11:07PM
    Options
    I opened a case on Resolver with Spark a week ago:
    I moved in to the property relating to this account on 7 Aug 2017.

I took a photo of the meter as soon as I gained access, and gave the reading to Spark Energy's representative by phone, which was used as the start reading for my account. Previous to this, Spark had applied a start reading which was several hundreds units lower than my actual reading.

I later switched to another provider, and paid off my balance in full with Spark on 23 Nov 2017.

In Dec 2017 I received a letter from a collections agency (Zinc) claiming that I owed them £97.94. I emailed the collections agency with screenshot of my Spark account showing that this had been paid off, and my balance was zero. The matter was soon closed.

In Feb 2018 I started receiving texts from Spark claiming that I owed them £50.44. I logged in to the closed Spark account and noticed my start reading had been changed without explanation. After several attempts to make contact with Spark the start reading was eventually changed back, after I sent date stamped photographic evidence of the meter on the day I moved in.

In June 2018 I started receiving texts from Spark, again claiming that I owed £50.44. Spark had once again changed the start reading. Since I have asked Spark to provide evidence for this reading and Spark have not done so, I consider this to be fraudulent behaviour. I tried calling Spark, and after a lengthy time on hold I selected the option to be called back within 24 hours. Spark did not call me back.

On 27 Jun 2018 I emailed Spark the same photographic evidence of the correct reading and asked them to remove this incorrect balance from my account. Spark have not responded to this email.

Today I have been contacted by Opos who I note are a highly questionable debt recovery company, asking me to call them back. I tried, and they did not answer.

What I would like to be done about this:

1. Remove the incorrect balance from my account, and restore the start reading to the correct one which I have shown evidence for, and have again attached to this correspondence.
    2. Inform all debt collection agencies concerned that this debt is incorrect and assure me that I will not be contacted further by such companies.
    3. Ensure that my credit history has no negative comments or marks concerning this matter.
    4. State in writing that Spark have settled this account in full, and that Spark will not change the readings on this account again in future.

Five days later, I get this response:
    Hello,

It!!!8217;s been a few days since you told us about your complaint.

We!!!8217;ve been busy working on it but it looks like we!!!8217;ll need some extra time to give you a full update.

Your complaint means a lot to us, and we!!!8217;re working hard to resolve it. We will be back in touch within the next five days.

If you need to speak to us please get in touch. You can give us call on 0345 130 8354 and we!!!8217;ll be happy to help.

Warm regards,

In the meantime Opos have called and texted me every single day asking for the money. Spark also send their own daily texts asking for the money.

I have calmly explained the situation to Opos when I was able to take their calls. Some of the advisors seem to understand that this is pretty poor behaviour and tell me they will make sure this is raised as a dispute, and I will get no more calls/texts until Spark have checked the situation out. This never turns out to be true.

There should be compensation for time wasted in such cases. I!!!8217;ve done my admin, and made sure Spark have the evidence they need to amend the account. This is simply wasting their time/money chasing a debt that does not exist.

I fully expect the same thing to kick off again in a few months time, which is why I am insisting on them writing that the account is now settled in full and they will stop harassing me in future.

[23 texts and 16 calls received so far, and that is just this latest episode, which started up again a couple of weeks back. Last email before that was them confirming they had reinstated the correct reading, so I didn!!!8217;t owe them anything.]
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback