Finding out how much i currently have

Options
I've just turned 30 and since starting working since the age of 18 i'd like to know how much money i have saved for my pension from 3 different job roles, If this is possible? i worked in retail for 13 years and then moved on.

Comments

• lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,615 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Are you not getting any annual statements?
    What type of pension do you have?
    It might be defined as a % of your final salary rather than being an amount you've saved.
  • makemerich12
    Options
    I know what i'm currently getting within my current employer but not my last two
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Then contact them
  • Shedman
    Shedman Posts: 1,495 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Did you stay in any of the previous two jobs (or at least in their pension schemes) for less than two years? If so you may not have a deferred pension from that one but may have been paid back your contributions less tax and NI.
  • Marcon
    Marcon Posts: 10,672 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Are you sure you were in pension schemes in your last two jobs? Auto-enrolment is fairly recent, especially for smaller firms.

Have you changed address since you left those two jobs? If so, you need to ensure the relevant parties (i.e. pension providers) have your current contact details.
    Googling on your question might have been both quicker and easier, if you're only after simple facts rather than opinions!  
  • FatherAbraham
    Options
    I know what i'm currently getting within my current employer but not my last two

There are ways to trace lost pensions: https://www.pensionsadvisoryservice.org.uk/pension-problems/making-a-complaint/common-concerns/lost-pensions
    Thus the old Gentleman ended his Harangue. The People heard it, and approved the Doctrine, and immediately practised the Contrary, just as if it had been a common Sermon; for the Vendue opened ...
    THE WAY TO WEALTH, Benjamin Franklin, 1758 AD
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,373 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If your pension is the type that invests in investment funds then you should be getting at least an annual statement. If yours is defined benefit pension (based on years of service) then you do not get an annual statement. You get one after you leave and that is it. You should keep these documents safe.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Shedman
    Shedman Posts: 1,495 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Although I understand for a deferred DB pension you can request a statement each year (and it has to be sent within 2 months of request).
  • dasherman
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    If your pension is the type that invests in investment funds then you should be getting at least an annual statement. If yours is defined benefit pension (based on years of service) then you do not get an annual statement. You get one after you leave and that is it. You should keep these documents safe.
    Depends on the scheme surely. It might not be a requirement but deferred members of the DB scheme I'm in, do get annual statements!
    FIRE !!!
  • Albermarle
    Albermarle Posts: 22,142 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    For my deferred DB scheme , I do not get a statement as such . Like Dunston said I just have a statement when I left the company of what the pension was worth at the time, and that it would increase by RPI /5%, whichever was the least . So to calculate the current values I have to calculate it myself based on recent RPI data.
    What I do get annually is an update on how the fund is performing , how much the company is topping it up etc but that does not relate directly to my own pension value.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure