Double din Stereo with waze

Options

Comments

• diz79
    diz79 Posts: 330 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    almillar wrote: »
    no, mine's good (link in this thread). I replaced a pioneer head unit and dab aerial with mine, and with non-extensive testing, it's on par, signal wise. Yes i bought similar

do you know that you have good reception otherwise? Do you have another usb port you could test? Do you have anything else connected to usb that might be interfering? 3g dongle especially.

No nothing connected at all, all parts have been tested and wprking.

There's likely a mic at the front of the head unit, but there should also be a jack (headphone type socket) to plug an external mic into, which will give better results. Yes it does come with a mic to attach to the adaptor, but there is already an inbuilt one in my car just wondered how easy it was to set that up?

'manufacturers' do recommend 'their own' but they're often £50, compared to unbranded at around £20 - i took a chance and it worked.

And that thread seems to be about 'b' units - i'm pretty sure you just bought a 'd' unit.

ok thats great thanks , i used capitals to help distinguish answers.
  • almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    OK, there's a port labelled 3G/USB, and you've photographed the connector that looks like it goes in there - there's 2 USB ports. Try it in each of these. Plug it in. Reboot, properly, the head unit. Not just switching the car off, where it quick boots. On my unit I need to stick a pen tip into a tiny button to do this. You want to see the boot logo. Once it's booted, try the DAB app again. First thing that needs done is to do a station search. This takes a while on any DAB radio.
    Be patient, and test BOTH those USB ports.
    You may have even more USB ports going into some of those other connectors.
    Do you not think its the digital app at all like I showed before?
    It's *a* DAB app. Not sure if it's the same as mine but it looks like that's the only one recommended on the Pumpkin forum.
    No nothing connected at all, all parts have been tested and wprking.
    Good
    Yes it does come with a mic to attach to the adaptor, but there is already an inbuilt one in my car just wondered how easy it was to set that up?
    No setup needed AFAIK, you've just got to get the cable around the car from the back of the head unit, up to the top of the windscreen pillar. This mic might be better quality than the one in the head unit, but more importantly, can be located closer to your mouth so that you can be heard better. Worth doing if you're planning to use it for calls at all I reckon. Difficulty of installation depends on the car really.
  • diz79
    Options
    OK, there's a port labelled 3G/USB, and you've photographed the connector that looks like it goes in there - there's 2 USB ports. Try it in each of these. Plug it in. Reboot, properly, the head unit. Not just switching the car off, where it quick boots. On my unit I need to stick a pen tip into a tiny button to do this. You want to see the boot logo. Once it's booted, try the DAB app again. First thing that needs done is to do a station search. This takes a while on any DAB radio.
    Be patient, and test BOTH those USB ports.
    You may have even more USB ports going into some of those other connectors.

It's *a* DAB app. Not sure if it's the same as mine but it looks like that's the only one recommended on the Pumpkin forum.

Good
    Yes it does come with a mic to attach to the adaptor, but there is already an inbuilt one in my car just wondered how easy it was to set that up?
    No setup needed AFAIK, you've just got to get the cable around the car from the back of the head unit, up to the top of the windscreen pillar. This mic might be better quality than the one in the head unit, but more importantly, can be located closer to your mouth so that you can be heard better. Worth doing if you're planning to use it for calls at all I reckon. Difficulty of installation depends on the car really.

Thanks very much all I had to do was reset it for dab + all done seems like a good unit. Shame the instruction manual doesent expalin more and not muxh online but really appreciate your help.

What I actually meant with the mic is, is there a way of using thw ford mic which is already in the car, which was excellent before, wondered if Tarambor had figured this out as simialr car?

Then I guess keep this thread alive until someone comes accross a way to. ...

* stop the reverse park issue with screen

*How to change time from Beijing to English

*how to update to next android update

Apologies if not great grammar as using mobile.

Thanks again
  • oldhand
    oldhand Posts: 3,748 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Now I know how old I am,haven't the foggiest what any of this means.:(:(:(
  • almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Shame the instruction manual doesent expalin more

Instruction manual? Ha! Don't expect one, or to be able to undestand it, with this stuff.
    What I actually meant with the mic is, is there a way of using thw ford mic which is already in the car, which was excellent before, wondered if Tarambor had figured this out as simialr car?

This is simple, in theory. We've been over what connector your car has, what connector does your Ford have? Maybe it'll plug straight in, maybe you'll need to cut a cord and put a different plug on. I was fortunate that all I needed to do going from the Pioneer one that I installed myself, is get a 2.5mm to 3.5mm jack adaptor.
  • seatbeltnoob
    Options
    I use an iPad mini,
  • diz79
    Options
    Instruction manual? Ha! Don't expect one, or to be able to undestand it, with this stuff.

This is simple, in theory. We've been over what connector your car has, what connector does your Ford have? Maybe it'll plug straight in, maybe you'll need to cut a cord and put a different plug on. I was fortunate that all I needed to do going from the Pioneer one that I installed myself, is get a 2.5mm to 3.5mm jack adaptor.

Ok thanks for input there maybe is a wire I need to connect, I asked Tarambor in a private message and he seems to think there is no way, I will check a few ford forums as a last resort.

Many thanks everyone.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 23 September 2018 at 4:44PM
    Options
    Hi mate, still nothing further on using the factory mike but I have this to offer which I finally figured out by trial and error today.

If you found that the track/radio station forward and back button on the steering wheel work the wrong way around as they did with my Mondeo go into Settings, Car, Factory Settings, enter 126 as the password. Next click on the CANBUS tab on the top and in the menu settings on the left hand side set Swap_Key to Swap. Hit Apply and it'll reboot it and they'll work the right way around.

Changing the time from Bejing to UK you do in the settings for the widget and Android as you would on a phone.

Firmware updates you need to request from Pumpkin. They'll want the order number/Paypal transaction ID to make sure they give you the correct one. You can request them on the Pumpkin Support Forum on the File Download Board.

https://www.autopumpkin.com/forum/

Also worth having a look around the boards on the Technical Support section boards on there as you'll probably find problems others have had you're experiencing and found the solutions for.
  • diz79
    Options
    Tarambor wrote: »
    Hi mate, still nothing further on using the factory mike but I have this to offer which I finally figured out by trial and error today.

If you found that the track/radio station forward and back button on the steering wheel work the wrong way around as they did with my Mondeo go into Settings, Car, Factory Settings, enter 126 as the password. Next click on the CANBUS tab on the top and in the menu settings on the left hand side set Swap_Key to Swap. Hit Apply and it'll reboot it and they'll work the right way around.

Changing the time from Bejing to UK you do in the settings for the widget and Android as you would on a phone.

Firmware updates you need to request from Pumpkin. They'll want the order number/Paypal transaction ID to make sure they give you the correct one. You can request them on the Pumpkin Support Forum on the File Download Board.

https://www.autopumpkin.com/forum/

Also worth having a look around the boards on the Technical Support section boards on there as you'll probably find problems others have had you're experiencing and found the solutions for.

Thanks a lot mate, funny I managed to find out the clock thing and was also gonna post, my radio still stays on now when reversing as well which can also be changed in the settings.

Did you bother with the reverse camera?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport