NEW Three Mobile Phone - No Returned Policy at Store purchased!!

Comments

• honor 7A - valued at £250 for the phone on its own.
  • keith1950 wrote: »
    It amazes me that some people can't take responsibility for their own actions and mistakes. They seem to have been so spoilt by their parents that they think the world owes them a living and as such they need "spoon feeding " through life.
    If you make a mistake live with it !
    Retailers have enough extra costs without " flakey "customers adding to them.

I think this is really unfair as I was assured that I can replace the phone through their customer service if the phone is not working very well - which it doesn't. It is very slow and keeps freezing all the time. I think you should keep your mouth shut before you make judgement on someone.
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I think so too. At no point in the sale pitch when I was looking around in the store that the sales person said to me I can not return the phone if I don't like it. Especially, when it comes with a 2 years contract.

They don't have to. Why would they? There is no legal requirement for them to offer such a policy. If they told every customer everything they couldn't do, you would never get out of there!

But flip your question, did you ask if you could return it if you didn't like it? If not, why not?
  • pumpkin89
    pumpkin89 Posts: 636 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I think this is really unfair as I was assured that I can replace the phone through their customer service if the phone is not working very well - which it doesn't. It is very slow and keeps freezing all the time.

This is a different issue. What you stated in your original post is that you hate the phone - i.e. you've changed your mind. What you have now stated is that there is a fault with the phone - in which case yes, you are entitled to a replacement. If the phone is genuinely faulty then 3 may be open to you paying extra to upgrade to a different model, as they'll have to fork out for a new handset one way or the other.
  • mije1983
    pumpkin89 wrote: »
    This is a different issue. What you stated in your original post is that you hate the phone - i.e. you've changed your mind. What you have now stated is that there is a fault with the phone - in which case yes, you are entitled to a replacement. If the phone is genuinely faulty then 3 may be open to you paying extra to upgrade to a different model, as they'll have to fork out for a new handset one way or the other.

Unless the slowness and freezing is due to the OP trying to do more than the phone is capable of. Then the phone is not faulty. It is certainly at the cheaper end of Android devices.

honor 7A - valued at £250 for the phone on its own.

It's a £120 phone sim free. Not sure where you got £250 from? So it is lower end of the smartphone market and the freezing could well be a result of you trying to do too much on it.
  • pumpkin89 wrote: »

That's the reasons why I hate the phone. I wanted to change it.
  • mije1983 wrote: »
    Unless the slowness and freezing is due to the OP trying to do more than the phone is capable of. Then the phone is not faulty. It is certainly at the cheaper end of Android devices.

It's a £120 phone sim free. Not sure where you got £250 from? So it is lower end of the smartphone market and the freezing could well be a result of you trying to do too much on it.

The £250 was stated on my phone receipt which came with the contract. But obviously been minus to zero because a contract was taken out.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post

You are going to have to ask the store what it will cost to upgrade to another phone .Ask nicely and they may be responsive .

Or sell it on ebay or some place and put the money towards a new model . Though you will still have to pay your contract .
  • mije1983
    The £250 was stated on my phone receipt which came with the contract. But obviously been minus to zero because a contract was taken out.

Very strange. Three themselves sell it for £140 on PAYG which is expensive in comparison to the competition.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite

You will obviously keep going in the hope you'll get someone to give you the incorrect answer you desire. Your thread headline says far more about your own ignorance of the law and carelessness with money than it accurately reflects the company's completely fair treatment of you.

Take responsibility and recognise that the time to find it out was before you entered into a legal contract. It's up to whether you choose to take that step with your eyes open or closed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure