Winter Fuel Payment Increase?

Comments

• Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    brewerdave wrote: »
    The first time that my wife claimed WFA, my payment still came in at £200 in November, whilst she got £100 just before Xmas.
    I phoned up in the New Year following to ask about repaying the excess amount - the person I talked to, assured me that it would be picked up "in due course" - 2 years later ,still hasn't happened!!

EDIT -Looking back WFA has actually decreased - first year I qualified,I got £250

Well i hope they sort ours out as i do not want money that i am not entitled to or the hassle of sorting overpayments out:eek:
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • Ganga wrote: »
    Thanks for taking the time to read and reply,i presume that they will-

a) write and tell me that my half has been paid to my wife

With GDPR I wonder if they are allowed to tell you that?
    Paddle No 21 :wave:
  • D_M_E
    D_M_E Posts: 3,008 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    There's a couple who live near me who are both elligible for WFA - the wife got a letter about 3 weeks ago saying she would get £100, next day it was in here account, so she said.

Husband, however, did not get letter but he says his £100 was in his account 2 days later and this morning he says he still has not had the letter.

Told him the government is desparate for money so they are saving on printing, post and paper - every little helps.
  • Ganga
    My wife received the letter on the 28th of this month,payment is in the bank today.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    https://www.gov.uk/winter-fuel-payment/what-youll-get
    Circumstance
    Born between 24 September 1938 and 5 November 1953 Born on or before
    23 September 1938
    You qualify and live alone (or none of the people you live with qualify) £200 £300
    You qualify and live with someone under 80 who also qualifies £100 £200
    You qualify and live with someone 80 or over who also qualifies £100 £150
    You qualify, live in a care home and do not get certain benefits £100 £150
  • sheramber wrote: »
    https://www.gov.uk/winter-fuel-payment/what-youll-get
    Circumstance
    Born between 24 September 1938 and 5 November 1953

I have a friend born on 9th November 1953, I bet she is glad her husband is already in receipt of the £200 WFA this year. I know they need cut off dates but ouch to being that near. With my birthday being June 1954 does that mean I should get it November of 2020?
    Paddle No 21 :wave:
  • Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,018 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I have a friend born on 9th November 1953, I bet she is glad her husband is already in receipt of the £200 WFA this year. I know they need cut off dates but ouch to being that near. With my birthday being June 1954 does that mean I should get it November of 2020?

Yes - you will qualify from your SPA (between Jan and Mar 2020, depending on your exact DOB).
  • Ganga
    Yes - you will qualify from your SPA (between Jan and Mar 2020, depending on your exact DOB).

Unless the goverment scrap the payment first:rotfl:
  • Muscle750
    Muscle750 Posts: 1,075 Forumite
    Winter fuel allowance .................more commonly known by many financially comfortable OAPs as "Holiday fund money" Meanwhile many on zero hours contracts and low wages cant afford to heat their homes.
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,788 Forumite
    If stopping the winter fuel payment would stop zero hour contracts then I, as a state pensioner, would say drop the WFP. Zero hour contracts are a very bad way to expect people to live their lives. Employment law & an employer's government will make sure these continue despite what they say in public, these are in their interests. Zero hour contracts are being used in the same way religion used to be - to keep the masses down. Like they used to say about women, to keep them down - keep them pregnant.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure