New bankrupt.

Hi people,
I won't go into too much detail but I have been declared bankrupt on 15/11/18.
As of yet I have not received contact from OR.
I never attended court as I wasn't contesting so I'm assuming I will receive correspondence from them in due course.

As I recent BR is there any tips or advice people can give me from their experiences.
Mine was due to HMRC who were relentless in their pursuit.

Allready sorted new bank account. Have no assets apart from some tools worth approx £500.
We're aware that property will be sold and we have made provisions for alternative accommodation.

I have some ccjs, not sure what will happen with them.
Only other thing is that because of the stress of it all I ended up suffering a stroke followed by a seizure two weeks later.
I am now unable to drive for min 6 months and am seeking universal credit as I currently cannot work.

Any advice gratefully received.

Mushio.

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,717
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Ambassador
    Hi,

The OR will be in touch with you, maybe has already, its normally a phone call interview, and not too foreboding.

Bankruptcy hast he effect of annulling county court judgements, so they will go no further.

Try not to stress, the hard part is over, good luck.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • mushio
    mushio Posts: 24 Forumite
    Thanks Sourcrates,

I did wonder about the con's. I have recieved correspondence from OR to my home address but due to suffering a stroke followed by a seizure in October whilst away from home I am unable to drive and am relying on parents collecti g my mail and informing me of anything important.

I letter was received last week informing me that a phone call will be 5 days later.
    I will be contacting the OR office in the morning to 're arrange and will post updates.

Mushio.
  • mushio
    mushio Posts: 24 Forumite
    CCJ not con's. Predictive tx again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business