Things can only get better

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,241 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Good to see you fermi.
    Was thinking of you just the other day.
    Only wish it was under nicer circumstances.
    Any idea how I can or with whom I can escelate this to?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,241 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    SA~~ I am so mad on your behalf.
    In just about 11 years on the forum I have never come across this til recently.
    I am so dissapointed & frustrated on your behalf.

Anyway, onwards.
    Happy shiny new diary :) xxx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I am just going to copy and paste mine on to a blank word document every few days Hairy Hand of Dartmoor is doing this as well that’s where the idea came from.
  • I cannot believe this has happened again to another long running diary.

Another option if you have just started a new diary is to subscribe to your own thread and ask for daily updates via email, then at midnight you get a copy of all the comments from your diary that day. You would then just need to keep all the emails (maybe in a folder in your emails).

No good for older diaries really although you could start the above at any point.
  • I have emailed the forum team and urged them in the strongest possible terms to reinstate your diary Sun Addict. Whether or not they do this I don't know as they did not do Wannabe Free but I can but ask.

As you say it is really unacceptable that a diary of this length that catalogues such a journey as yours is lost. I hope they reinstate it but maybe long standing users would do well to back their diaries up on their own pcs.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,276 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Thank you ES :) Worth a try, I'd just like it to be there if I want to look back at it.

Looks like a lovely day here today after yesterday's damp and gloom. Not taken the dog out yet but will do so in a bit. I feel quite lazy today but I've got loads to do so need to get a shimmy on.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Go to thread tools at the top of your thread Meena and select print mode, then copy and paste all the entries into a word file. That's what I've been doing anyway. It's a bit of a faff but I don't know a better way of doing it.

Well done on losing half a pound SA, you're doing better than me :T.

What are your plans for today?
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Found you Sun addict.

So sorry that your diary has been deleted, also very angry on your behalf. What is the point of the spam buttom if nobody is actually checking it is being used properly, utterly ridiculous that diaries aren't being checked properly before being deleted for good. Surely a simple PM to the person the diary belongs to asking questions before a whole diary is removed would be a simple solution, it's hardly rocket science :mad:.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hope you have a good day x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,276 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    I can't believe it's just the spam button causing this mayhem. How come it hasn't happened before. My diary was running for 5 years surely the spam button must've been hit accidentally umpteen times over the years. I think it's some sort of technical glitch randomly deleting diaries. Wonder if they've had an influx of new staff at MSE Towers?

Took the dog on the park, then, as the weather is so lovely, did a bit of tidying up in the garden. Can't believe it actually feels warm in the sun.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure