I really really want to be........mortgage free!

Options

Comments

• ourcornercottage
    ourcornercottage Posts: 1,526 Forumite
    edited 1 November 2015 at 5:00PM
    Options
    Jetlagged at 3am so sums might be abit out!

Mortgage balance 1-11-15 £129,830

Milestones
    - capital reduction of over £1000 this month
    - under £130k

Interest paid October 2015 - 258.25
    Interest paid October 2014 - 294.44

£36.19 Less paid in interest this month than last year thanks to the OPs.

OP's this month

£199.17 Standard OP
    £230.00 from personal spends account.
    £3.42 from cashback sites
    £14.14 from bills account
    There has been TT's done this month but not transferred in time so will be in next months OP :)

Total OP this month : £446.73

Total YTD : £3521.16

Savings now stand at : £1239.13

CC a bit confusing as I've paid a few work things on it so will update later.

kW generated 199.8 which should be £32.58
  • ourcornercottage
    Options
    chumpy45 wrote: »
    Have loved reading about your trip - you are such an inspiration.

Thanks chumpy45, it's been a hard year so it's lovely to hear words of support :)
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Hope you get your body clock re set soon.
  • ourcornercottage
    Options
    Thanks SHS finally got back to sleep for another few hours.

I think tonight I will be back to normal :)

Must tot up savings totals this month but a bit of a lie in first
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi OCC, just been catching up and getting some tips from your diary :) thanks to you I am going to investigate some regular savers and possibly look into funding circle.

Your Asia trip sounded fab and what a brilliant opportunity for mini OCC.
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Options
    Love your year-on-year comparison for interest. :)
  • ourcornercottage
    Options
    CathT wrote: »
    Hi OCC, just been catching up and getting some tips from your diary :) thanks to you I am going to investigate some regular savers and possibly look into funding circle.

Your Asia trip sounded fab and what a brilliant opportunity for mini OCC.

There's some great regular savers about that's for sure. I'm planning to take advantage every year until my savings increase although I don't keep a great deal in cash savings as I tend to spend it LOL!

I like FC for fun investing but do have it up to £400 already, plan on slowly drip feeding a few £s in.

MiniOCC is a lucky ducky he's been to Asia about 5 times and quite a few places in Europe. It's one of the benefits of our work although there are quite a few downsides too unfortunately.
  • ourcornercottage
    Options
    Love your year-on-year comparison for interest. :)

My favourite stat, together with the monthly capital reduction.

The lower monthly interest i feel is a real motivator. Might try to add up an annual one at end of year. That will be a real eye opener as it should be in the hundreds saved!
  • ourcornercottage
    Options
    I woke up at 3am today. Getting better!

I have just noticed that you don't need to keep money in save together ISA to get the monthly bonus so £150 transferred to mortgage as this months first op. Will reduce savings a little but I had earmarked this money for overpaying so just doing it early. Interest on loyalty ISA was very low so will be saving on interest too.

BF gave me £100 of his personal spends for OPing which I will do tomorrow :)

I am setting my target as £600 OP this month to account for extra £150. Hoping to exceed it though to try and hit annual £5000 target. I need to do around £740 per month to hit it but close is good enough under the circumstances. I have almost £200 confirmed but not yet payable in TCB so hopefully this will be available before end of the year to help out reaching target.

Need to put some time in on my blog as haven't done anything in weeks!

No other money news yet today!
  • ourcornercottage
    Options
    Absolutely shattered. The whole family are getting snippy with jetlag. Not good :(

Paid the £100 to the mortgage so OP's £250 so far this month.

Back at work today and it was a really busy and very stressy day. Then had to take Miniocc to beavers. It's been an extremely foggy day today and some idiot was cycling in the dark and fog so it took me 30 minutes to drive the 3 miles home from beavers. There were about 50 car queue behind the cyclist! So dangerous!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure