How to earn the max interest from the different bank accounts there??

Comments

• trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,337 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My hsbc bank account is now open, and I have used the switching service for my santander 123 account. My santander account is now closed, and all the credit has now moved to my HSBC account. I have just opened a Marcus savings account (1.5%), a regular saver with HSBC (5%) and a TSB account (5%). I wan tto look at the tesco next.
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    What do you want a blue peter badge
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    ceredigion wrote: »
    What do you want a blue peter badge
    I like it!!:santa2: Here's one I made earlier!
    We need a bit of light relief.... if I hear that Brex word again I shall......feel the need to open another bank account!!' cept think Co-op is the only place I have not visited!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 11 December 2018 at 6:41PM
    Katiehound wrote: »
    I like it!!:santa2: Here's one I made earlier!
    We need a bit of light relief.... if I hear that Brex word again I shall......feel the need to open another bank account!!' cept think Co-op is the only place I have not visited!
    Yes indeed!

Many would hit the bottle when confronted with the dreaded Brex word but we gain our consolation from opening another bank account. :D
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    RG2015 wrote: »
    Yes indeed!

Many would hit the bottle when confronted with the dreaded Brex word but we gain our consolation from opening another bank account. :D
    Would you favour a TSB Norway Plus account or a Nationwide BrexDirect? ;)
  • RG2015
    eskbanker wrote: »
    Would you favour a TSB Norway Plus account or a Nationwide BrexDirect? ;)
    Not sure but we really should have learned from the collapse of the London branch of the Medici Bank in 1478, with total losses of 51,533 gold florins. We never paid of that debt but not sure if it was more than £39 billion in today's money.
  • trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,337 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I think it takes a week to receive the actuation code in the post from TSB, is it quicker and can i still deposit without it?
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I think it takes a week to receive the actuation code in the post from TSB, is it quicker and can i still deposit without it?
    If you have confirmation that your account is open and have the sort code and account number, then there's nothing stopping you from depositing, but most choose to wait until they're confident that they can actually get their money out again, whether by FP transfer or debit card.

However, if you're essentially planning to use it just for saving and don't really need ready access in the near future then go ahead....
  • RG2015
    I applied on Monday 3rd Dec at about 8 pm and received my activation code in the post on Saturday 8th December.

Unfortunately it didn't work. I phoned them and they said that because I had gone into the website via Google and not https://www.tsb.co.uk that I may have to clear my history and cookies. This I duly did and as I expected it made no difference.

I then tried another browser and then another device. Still no joy so I rang them again . Fortunately, they answered very quickly (on both occasions).

I told the second customer services person my story and he said that TSB don't use activation codes any more and I must have gone through the old system. He then reset my profile and sent me a code by SMS text and I was able to activate my internet banking.

As yet I have not received my welcome pack and only know my sort code and account number from my debit card which arrived the same day as the useless activation code.

Clearly TSB have spent the last 4 or 5 months when online applications were suspended very wisely. The new system now indeed appears to have many of the same attributes as the old one. :)
  • RG2015 wrote: »
    I applied on Monday 3rd Dec at about 8 pm and received my activation code in the post on Saturday 8th December.

Unfortunately it didn't work. I phoned them and they said that because I had gone into the website via Google and not https://www.tsb.co.uk that I may have to clear my history and cookies. This I duly did and as I expected it made no difference.

I then tried another browser and then another device. Still no joy so I rang them again . Fortunately, they answered very quickly (on both occasions).

Are you saying I dont need a activiation code????
    I told the second customer services person my story and he said that TSB don't use activation codes any more and I must have gone through the old system. He then reset my profile and sent me a code by SMS text and I was able to activate my internet banking.

As yet I have not received my welcome pack and only know my sort code and account number from my debit card which arrived the same day as the useless activation code.

Clearly TSB have spent the last 4 or 5 months when online applications were suspended very wisely. The new system now indeed appears to have many of the same attributes as the old one. :)

Are you saying I dont need a activation code???
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport