New Boiler

Options
Hello,

We're in the Midlands and have a Powermax boiler in the middle of the upstairs which is on its last legs. We had a quote for a new boiler, we're not fussed about location but the guy suggested up in the loft (we have a ladder, electrics and boarded up) which sounds good to us. Is this quote fair please?

WORCESTER BOSCH GREENSTAR 34 CDI CLASSIC
HORIZONTAL FLUE

MOVE THE BOILER TO THE LOFT
REMOVE THE OLD BOILER

MAGNETIC SYSTEM FILTER- to stop any debris from the system building up in the boiler.

POWERFLUSH THE SYSTEM WITH MACHINE/MAGNETS- unlike a chemical flush, this will be a deep clean of the radiators and system ensuring your new boiler is fitted to a clean system. We have different machine options that are suitable for 15mm, micro bore and plastic pipe installations. Alternative chemical flush/system water treatment/powercleanse will not clean the system thoroughly.

ADD CHEMICALS AND INHIBITORS- to protect the system water.

HIVE- wireless smartphone compatible thermostat.

MINI EXPANSION VESSEL- shock absorber to prevent water hammer from damaging the boiler.
LIMESCALE REDUCER

External condensate
Connect and test electrics
GAS SAFE/BUILDING REGULATIONS CERTIFICATES INCLUDED

TOTAL £2789.40 inc VAT

We're considering getting the next size up which is something like 2960 for 38kw, which I assume is in line?

I'm also speaking to two friends of friends who are gas engineers. One seems to think a 36kw baxi 600 would be better than a Worcester Bosch and the other seems to think Atag is the best make. What are people's thoughts on these two makes/boilers? My initial thoughts are that Worcester Bosch boilers are number 1 in the market for a reason!

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 7,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes, it's a fair quote. I paid £2800 for similar sized Vaillant boiler a couple of years ago.

I bought Vaillant because I wanted the most reliable boiler available. Worcester Bosch were my 2nd choice. I don't know enough about Baxi to comment, but to my mind Atag as still too small in the UK for me to risk buying from them; I'm not sure I could get parts in 20 years time for an Atag boiler, but know I would be able to for a Vaillant, Worcester Bosch and Baxi.
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • Dan-Dan
    Dan-Dan Posts: 5,272 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    cracking quote, the hives a good ton on its own
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure