Pay off mortgage and start having fun!

Options

Comments

• ourcornercottage
    Options
    newgirly wrote: »
    Oh I see :) I keep dropping my phone a lot though :D

Zumba done, came to find dh watching a film when he knows it's X files at 9, tut tut, he thinks he has as much right as me to choose what to watch :rotfl:

Caught up on x files yesterday episodes 3 & 4, classic x files! Will be watching 5 tonight, can't wait :)
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,941 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Best friend can't make it tonight so I chickened out of the disco class, we will try it next week :O

Hi occ, we are doing something very unusual and watching it as its being aired in the old fashioned way :D terrible reviews but I am really enjoying it, what do you think?

Really busy at work today, I was debating going in on my day off tomorrow. But I have restrained myself, instead I am going with dd to the natural history museum and then wildwoods for lunch. £10 for 2x courses and a glass of wine. To be honest I was googling our local one and nowhere was doing the offer anymore, I spotted he offer at Gloucester Road which is near the museum, a perfect reason to go :D I wish I hadn't looked at the adult "dinosaur snores" again, it looks so much fun ( but expensive!)
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • ourcornercottage
    Options
    Episodes 1 good, 2 okay, 3 and 4 classic x files comedy. Half watched episode 5 today and was okay so far. I liked the mix of serious alien stuff, comedy and conspiracy and this series in the episodes I've seen it's had all of them.

Only niggle is no lone gunmen so far.

My fave x files episode ever was the one with Luke Wilson In it as the cop. Classic x files comedy!
  • newgirly
    edited 17 February 2016 at 9:37PM
    Options
    Don't know that episode I will have to google now, I am very much looking forward to the next episode :D
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • ourcornercottage
    Options
    Season 5 episode 12

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_Blood_(The_X-Files)

I'm pretty sure they are all available on Amazon/sky/Netflix free at the moment
  • newgirly
    Options
    Thanks occ, we don't get sky boxed sets , but the may be available on Now with movies maybe, thanks :)

I had intended a long lie in today, but the dog let herself out of the kitchen and was running around our bedroom at 6 am, which woke the cat up and started her off screaming for food, they are worse than kids!

Pay day next weds, and it's one that will see little reduction in anything owed due to,the car purchase. I think the shock of having an bit more money has been a lot more tempting than I thought :o we did clear 20k last year, so we should be able to do much better really this year. (Target is 30k on the mfw 2016 challenge) but that will only happen if I give myself a huge kick up the bottom and start behaving again :D

It's not the little things that are costing us, I am still pretty good on a day to day basis and even treats are usually on offer /with vouchers etc. It's the big things like a car and a cruise :o good job we can't get a mortgage or it would be a house next :rotfl:

Anyway, setting myself back to the start now and am going to be a well behaved mfw.

Diet has kind of gone the same way, no will power - the vegan alcohol free thing lasted 2 weeks and then I got fed up :o 2lbs on, total weight loss from X as about 10lb I think. I am still eating less than I used to but it's not coming off really. If I could buy everything ready prepared from m and s it would be easier :D it's so time consuming and I have been all over the place lately, A kick up the bottom needed there too.
  • newgirly
    Options
    Best day ever today :D me and dd and ds 2 (ds1 didn't fancy it :() went to town for the day, attempted the natural history museum as they are removing dippy very soon and putting a blue whale there instead. It was crazy queues though, so we skipped it and went to the V&A and the science museum.

Then on to lunch at wildwoods for their £10 for 2x courses and a drink, then Oxford/regent street where we did hamleys, Selfridges etc. (Personalised Nutella for dd again!) m and m world for Star Wars themed pix and mix. It is not often I can get them out, it really was fun. Much hilarity when ds 2 got a present from a pidgeon down his back, thus ensuing a competition of who can think of the most songs with a bird related theme all the way home :rotfl:
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Ha ha. That's c r a p.
  • newgirly
    Options
    :rotfl: indeed :D

It's ruining my night now, constantly thinking of bird related songs!
  • newgirly
    Options
    January update!

Start figures:

Mortgage £128,772.64
    Fluid. Cc. £3,286.10
    Santander cc £4224.73
    Loan. £29,060.64

Total at Jan 1st £ 165,344.11

As at today:

Mortgage £127,252.22
    Fluid cc. £3220.71
    Santander cc. £4140.66
    Loan. £ 28,536.98

Total today; £163,150.57

Total reduction so far this year: £2,193.54

Not as good as it should be! Target is £2500 pm to hit 30k target, plus the next few months will be less due to accidental car purchase (cruise didn't help either!) I will do it though :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback