Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• mrs_lds
    mrs_lds Posts: 4,103 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Rtc laundry detergent and ckeaning products in my local Ts less than 5p per wash
  • mrsmac10 wrote: »
    Good morning all

I went through the SS with APG's yesterday noting I have never been able to self scan. The cashier just put them through as coupons and that is unusual, normally they scan and authorise They were both under £2.00 each so no big deal

Its a lovely sunny morning , another long lie today as I had been reading till quite late about long term sick leave and disability More reading is required and it may work to my benefit

Enjoy whatever you do and remember about Boots if you need to spend more than £50

Take care

Same happened with my APG yesterday on self scan, SA said 'Oh we have to do these differently on self scan now'
    Pandora's Little Sister 30/11/17 x
  • purpledonkey
    purpledonkey Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    A woman who lived in Cape Cod
    Thought that babies all came from God
    But it weren't the Almighty
    Who lifted her nightie,
    'Twas Roger the Lodger, the s*d.

:rotfl: one of my favourite limericks...

There once was a man from Bel-Air
    Who was doing his girl on the stair
    As the bannister broke
    He doubled his stroke
    And finished her off in mid air

*runs back to lurking*
    'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'
  • purpledonkey
    purpledonkey Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    Good morning all, lovely morning out there, cold and frosty and bright :D

Starting to get a lot of this from my dgs, problem is his parents give him an easy answer, we give him the proper answer, sometimes we diverge and his parents are forced to admit I am right. They are going to have to start giving him the right answer soon or he will only ask us the "deep" questions :eek:

You, worried about being PC :eek::rotfl::rotfl:

When it's about 'browning meat' yes :rotfl:
    'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    gocat wrote: »
    Afternoon all :wave:

Nut Wit bank :mad::mad::mad:
    Just spent a total of 6 hours on the phone to them. 2 hours last night. Passed from person to person which evenutally ended with the promise to phone back this morning at 10am, as couldnt do anything more at that time of night (8pm) even though I was told it was 24 hour helpline. .
    No phone call at 10am, so phoned them about 12 mid day. Again passed from person to person. One person said they had sorted the problem but I had to re register as an online user but our bank account. DD's SO's Debit Card etc will still be the same. So try to re register. No joy. So again back on the phone and eventually got through to someone who said the previous problem hadnt been sorted thats why I couldnt re register. At last someone who knew what they were doing and I managed to re register while that person was still on the phone.
    Ive only been a customer of theirs for about 40 years.
    What a palaver :(
    Thanks to all those that suggested we complain about the above treatment. Just got a phone call from them . OH spoke to them . Got offered £25 plus £10 for phone calls.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    HILLBERN wrote: »

Morning-

A message from my son we refers to my son

We have owned since new (shared ownership scheme), we were first owners from new. The whole complex heating and electricity is done through E.on. Once we moved in Affinity Sutton (the housing association who we pay rent on the % we do not have) let E.on know we are in the building and set up the account. They (Affinity Sutton) told them that we were on a Housing Association tariff (were they pay the daily standard fee as mentioned before) we are not. We are just normal home owners. This has just come to light now. E.on only process what Affinity Sutton told them so I can't see it is their fault. My thoughts are it is Affinity Sutton for providing the wrong information

Son was at work till late yesterday and missed a call from eon :(

Hello HILLBERN and thanks for coming back to me.

This sounds like a District Heating scheme. They're also known as Community Energy (Heat) schemes. It's where heating and hot water comes from a district heating system supplied by an Energy Centre close to where your son lives. We've a number of these schemes around the country and Affinity Sutton is one of the organisations we work with. Are they sending bills to your son or do we charge him directly?

Due to the particular nature of this type of heating arrangement, they're separate from the conventional electricity and gas side of the business. They're dealt with exclusively by our Heat Team and I suspect it was an advisor from this area who tried to phone your son last night. This team aims to provide end to end services for customers with these set ups. They're a self-contained team with their own accounting structure, complaints procedure and website.

There are two parts to Heat bills. One part covers the amount of heat used and the second is a service charge. The Energy Service Charge is a fixed annual charge to cover the operation, maintenance and replacement costs of the district heating network including the energy centre and all technology used to supply heat. It's our responsibility to carry out all routine maintenance, repair and replacement of any part of the network and/or the technology that provides heat to your son's home.

If they haven't contacted him yet, I'd suggest your son talks to our Heat team. Contact details are on our website and, if we're charging him directly, on our bills. I'll be happy to put him in touch with this team, too, if he contacts me using the email address in my Profile.

Hope this helps HILLBERN and sorry if I'm barking up the wrong tree.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • pepper77 wrote: »
    I didnt mean you might be abusing.

All stores analyse APG throughput, if anyone is fiddling the alarm goes off, similarly if throughput is high, the alarm goes off, if the value/values are high, the alarm goes off. Maybe someone else in your store has been giving them a thrashing.
    I got a "chat" with the manager in a store a few years ago, mind that was a hand wash for free glitch and I was doing two shops at a time, three times a day. At least they got the right bloke !!!
    I havent had a problem for years, I "think"its because I had a couple of run ins with trouts and I stood my ground, explained exactly what I was doing and why it was SADAs problem. I suggested they spend a bit more on computer programming.

don't mind me its just a moan about asda ..this is why i stopped shopping there they have problems with all coupons and take it as a personal thing against them .
    £365 a year spend challenge - this has included food/clothes/beauty?? who knows where I am
    20,000 step a day challenge
  • izzeyb
    izzeyb Posts: 5,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Venezia wrote: »
    Good morning everyone.

Four conditional spend vouchers at Waitrose received this morning, valid to 4th March. Plus 2 money off coupons. I hope you all get some.

The letter says that they will be replacing PYO with personalised rewards based on the things you buy most often.

I just come back in to find Waities envelope.

My excitement was short-lived with four £4 off £40 spend :(

Happy with the £2.50 off pre-packed beef but £1 off soup ? ?
    Only used to free soup with CV coupons

• fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    ma-ri-ella wrote: »
    don't mind me its just a moan about asda ..this is why i stopped shopping there they have problems with all coupons and take it as a personal thing against them .
    I agree, I stopped going to A for the same reasons.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • redfox
    redfox Posts: 15,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    izzeyb wrote: »
    I just come back in to find Waities envelope.

My excitement was short-lived with four £4 off £40 spend :(

Happy with the £2.50 off pre-packed beef but £1 off soup ? ?
    Only used to free soup with CV coupons

if this is the "new loyalty scheme" then I'm not impressed :mad:

Vouchers tailored to you and based on previous shops they say - absolute rubbish. I got exactly the same vouchers as you and I've never bought either beef or soup there!

This doesn't bode well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport