Green Network Energy Reviews: Add your feedback on the energy supplier

Comments

• I tried to switch a couple of days ago through the website. Unfortunately when prompted to enter my "gas address" there were only a few flats in my building available to chose from, and mine wasn't one of them so I wasn't able to proceed.

Instead I called them up and walked through the signup process, giving all details etc. over the phone.

This morning I received an email saying that the postcode my gas meter is registered against is wrong and therefore the switch cannot proceed. (It's clearly a typo in the national database - someone's read an R as a P instead when putting it in the database). I've been told to contact my current supplier to rectify this then call back and complete the switch.

Note: I've switched before at this address with no problem.

After calling my current supplier, they placed a request for me to update that incorrect postcode and they assured me that I should be able to switch anyway since I have the correct meter serial number etc., so urged me to call GNE back and ask them to process it.

GNE state that they likely can't process this until after the update has been made, but was willing to try anyway.

Unfortunately that means taking me through the whole switching process again from the start - they didn't bother save ANY of the information I'd provided the first time on file!

Very frustrated and disappointed.
  • Ultrasonic
    Ultrasonic Posts: 4,235 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 14 November 2017 at 12:33PM
    I applied to switch to GNE last night via the Cheap Energy Club. I have to say that I'm impressed that little more than 12 hours later I've had a welcome e-mail with all the correct info. and have successfully set up online access. I also know when my first direct debit payment will be, and it's for the expected amount. The DD is a single payment rather than separate ones for gas and electricity which I've had with other suppliers, and I'd rather have just have a single payment to check off in my accounts personally.

Time will tell if the actual switch goes smoothly and I'll try to remember to post back. If I don't it probably means it all went well.
  • I'm coming up to my first year end with GNE. As informed on this site, you can change energy supplier 50 before your contract comes to fruition. GNE did in fact contact me via Email to inform me of this, which I was happily surprised by. I have done a fair amount of research on this energy site (which is very helpful), & found GNE to be still very competitive. In fact, I'll be saving nearly £60.00 on my previous yearly bill. My first years tariff was GNE 12mth fix v3. This site recommended the GNE Italian touch 12mth fixed v10 (so did GNE in their Email) & that's what I plumped for. There are a few companies around which were slightly cheaper, but they had warnings regarding OFGEM looking into their customer service, so no thanks. I hope this helps in some small way folks, happy energy hunting:-).
  • Ultrasonic
    Ultrasonic Posts: 4,235 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Ultrasonic wrote: »
    I applied to switch to GNE last night via the Cheap Energy Club. I have to say that I'm impressed that little more than 12 hours later I've had a welcome e-mail with all the correct info. and have successfully set up online access. I also know when my first direct debit payment will be, and it's for the expected amount. The DD is a single payment rather than separate ones for gas and electricity which I've had with other suppliers, and I'd rather have just have a single payment to check off in my accounts personally.

Time will tell if the actual switch goes smoothly and I'll try to remember to post back. If I don't it probably means it all went well.

Update: switch completed today, so just 23 days total, with zero problems. I think this is the quickest switch I've ever completed.
  • I’ve been with them for a while and no problems. The iPhone app is just fine.
  • I think this is probably a review of MSE Cheap Energy Club, rather than GNE.

I tried to switch to GNE on 1st December. I got an email from MSE Cheap Energy Club straight away, but nothing from GNE.

Today (the 11th) I phoned GNE. Very friendly and helpful, but they have no record of my switch application. Seems that they get informed of switches on a daily batch, so you should get a response within two or three days.

Because there is a switch in progress, I can't re-start the switch on the CEC website.
    Because it is an exclusive deal, I can't get it direct from GNE.
    Of course moneysavingexpert don't publish a phone number for Cheap Energy Club support, so I've emailed. But so far, no reply.
  • hairydog wrote: »
    I think this is probably a review of MSE Cheap Energy Club, rather than GNE.

I tried to switch to GNE on 1st December. I got an email from MSE Cheap Energy Club straight away, but nothing from GNE.

Today (the 11th) I phoned GNE. Very friendly and helpful, but they have no record of my switch application. Seems that they get informed of switches on a daily batch, so you should get a response within two or three days.

Because there is a switch in progress, I can't re-start the switch on the CEC website.
    Of course moneysavingexpert don't publish a phone number for Cheap Energy Club support, so I've emailed. But so far, no reply.

Hi hairydog, did this get sorted for you?
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • System
    System Posts: 178,089 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    hairydog wrote: »
    I think this is probably a review of MSE Cheap Energy Club, rather than GNE.

Contact MSE CEC and they will amend your profile.
  • Been with them since November, no problems. Called today (giving as much notice as possible as specified on their website) about a house move on 4th April. Guy could not have been less interested in helping me. Told me to call back on the 2nd (they are shut) and start process then. I gather that to avoid the exit fee I have to stay with them, but they won't honor my existing tariff.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,089 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 29 March 2018 at 1:34PM
    Been with them since November, no problems. Called today (giving as much notice as possible as specified on their website) about a house move on 4th April. Guy could not have been less interested in helping me. Told me to call back on the 2nd (they are shut) and start process then. I gather that to avoid the exit fee I have to stay with them, but they won't honor my existing tariff.

Para 13.1 of your terms and conditions:

If you!!!8217;re moving house and tell us at least two working days before you move, your contract end date will be the day you move out

You will not pay any exit fees. When you move into your new property, you will be on a Deemed Contract with the existing supplier to that property. Whether you decide to switch back to OFTM is up to you. The supplier is under no obligation to offer you the same tariff that you were on: that said, some suppliers do.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback