IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking charge notice from Civil Enforcement Ltd

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    classix wrote: »
    This ids what i have come up with

As the registered keeper, the keeper has recently received a parking charge notice (PCN), reference 1 234 567 890 dated 25/09/17 from CE Ltd relating to my vehicle. This PCN states that the driver did not pay for parking the registered keepers car in the QD car park.

I am very disappointed that as a customer of QD I am being treated in such a way. On parking the vehicle the driver went to pay only to find the pay machine not working. With no way to pay the driver left a note on the dashboard to indicate that they had attempted to pay but was unable to. The driver then went into the QD store to do their shopping.

On previous visits the pay machine has sometimes been working and other times not. When it works payment is made and when it doesn't work a note is left.

We are extremely unhappy with this situation and will certainly reconsider visiting your stores in future if this PCN is not cancelled. A parking charge because a pay machine is not working is very unfair. It also does not justify the excessive parking charge of £90 especially as there were plenty of spaces free

I will also be contacting CE Ltd directly, however I would appreciate confirmation that you will support loyal QD customers by cancelling this PCN.

I have reworded it in bold to remove the personalisation that was still in the draft , otherwise its a good attempt
  • classix
    classix Posts: 48 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Great I'll get that sent today
  • classix
    I tried sending the email today but apparently the email address is wrong. However its the only one i could find on Google. It was for Nick rubin. Any ideas
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,345 Forumite
    edited 29 November 2017 at 9:36PM
    I tried sending the email today but apparently the email address is wrong. However its the only one i could find on Google. It was for Nick rubin. Any ideas

We can’t paste a link to the website, but if you do a Google search on ‘CEO email addresses’ you’ll come to the website, which might be able to help.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • classix
    I did that and there is only one site that has an email address but it doesn't work
  • classix
    I've sent the email to a more general qd stores email address.

With regards to the appeal email and in particular the following part

I believe that your signs fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence, as established in!ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis.!Your unremarkable and obscure signs were not seen by the driver, are in very small print and the terms are not readable to drivers.

The signs at the car park entrance are very clear. The signs do say that you can park and pay by machine or over phone. Should i take this part out and perhaps mention the fact that they were not fulfilling their part of the contract by ensuring pay machine was in order?
  • Umkomaas
    Have you read the Beavis case?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• I haven't read the beavis case. I'm taking it its relevant so where would i find it and I'll have a read.
  • Umkomaas
    I haven't read the beavis case. I'm taking it its relevant so where would i find it and I'll have a read.

Here you go, I Googled it for you.

https://www.supremecourt.uk/cases/docs/uksc-2013-0280-judgment.pdf

All 85 of 124 pages of much legalese. I’d save yourself and just leave the signage paragraph in from the NEWBIES FAQ sticky!

If you are going to to read it and can improve on the signage paragraph, we’ll happily look at your draft. :)

• classix
    Cheers umkomaas. Yes I think I'll skip reading that.

My only thought was that the machine not working contradicts there signage which gives the option of paying by machine. I therefore entered into a contract based on that sign which was incorrect. But if u don't think it's relevant or necessary to include this then I'll send it as is
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure