PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

July 2011 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• OrangeFairy
    OrangeFairy Posts: 2,630
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    OH has bougth rols for tonights dinner! Our cheap meal for the week

Quorn burger 25p, roll 25p and half a can of beans 9p

59p meal each :j

Eating out the next 3 nights at various gatherings so a cheap few days! x
    Orange Fairy
    House Purchased April 19 :) CC1=? CC2=? DH CC= Mortgage Overpay = £0 Savings = £0 Xmas savings = £0 Weightloss = 0 lb

• emmad5689
    emmad5689 Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    Another NSD however this weekend is gonna be lots of spending to replenish all stocks of food, basics, animals and baby so trying not to go too mad
    To get to Disneyland Florida 2016
  • freakyogre
    freakyogre Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    £4.97 spent yesterday in Tesco on milk, spread, mayonnaise, garlic and 2 x newspapers. That should be all I need for a while, although I will need/want some fruit in the next few days.
    Grocery challenge - Nov: £52/£100
  • Hi folks. Well I discovered Aldi today :j. I had been in before for fruit and veg but never really looked at the stuff in it. Today though I had priced my shopping on my supermarket and written a list of what I needed so when I went into Aldi for fruit I thought I would check the prices in there. I'm sure no-one will be surprised at the difference I found. I am astonished. They didn't have everything I wanted so I still went to Asda and also butchers but OMG I will definitely be back there. I spent £26.03 in there but had a full trolley of shopping. I also went to butchers and spent £11.03 on mince and their yummy burgers but that will provide us with 8 meals. I spent £11.03 in ASDA so all in all I have spent £194.52 of my £250 budget this month :eek:. I think I should have given myself a higher budget considering the kids sre off school and are like termites :rotfl:but I will carry on and see how it goes. I am not giving up yet :o
    5 Year plan. April 2020 to June 2025- CC and mortgage free by time I'm 60
    Currently CC £23,674.36 /£14,895.41/£14315.42
    Mortgage £28,214.65/ £26,254.71/ £25,746.43
    By end 2020 I want CC at £ 19,000.00.
    By end 2021 I want CC at £10,000.00
  • Tracey.32
    Tracey.32 Posts: 75 Forumite
    Rosieben - you're a star hun

helen x
    ditto :D

:j:j:j:j:j
    sistercas wrote: »
    thanks Rosieben :T

:D And from me too Rosieben! :D
    Grocery challenge: Jun£134.15/£120; Jul £60.90/£120
  • 69chick
    69chick Posts: 544 Forumite
    Tracey.32 wrote: »
    :D And from me too Rosieben! :D

Thanks from me too rosieben :T

Spent £8 today, popped into co-op to pick up a treat of their prawn salad that I like that they do for 2 for £3 which was lunch today and one for tomorrow (I know not cheap but I treat myself to bought lunch now and again when not organised enough at home, whilst there picked up cheese thats on offer for £2 and a big pack of walkers crisps on offer for £3..

not too bad as I would have definitely had to buy the cheese and crisps this weekend...

will update sig, am pleased so far this month....dh is away next week, I did think of trying slim fast as I feel I could do with losing a few pounds but ds has said I don't need to lose any so am gonna take his word for it bless him :D

need to really plan as if dh is home I always feel we have to have a proper dinner so am hoping to get away with a few cheaper eats like jacket potato etc..

Hope everyone is ok this evening..
    Starting with Avon C6 target sales £150.00
  • allym464
    allym464 Posts: 106
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    ditto :D

:j:j:j:j:j

what ever the third time version of ditto is from me! Ditto x two!
    Debt free by xmas 2013 #111 Credit card debt [STRIKE]£5000[/STRIKE] paid off!| Santander loan: [STRIKE]£3000[/STRIKE] paid off!. SPC#5 1374 saved £75.47!. SPC#6 TBA!
  • Pinwheel
    Pinwheel Posts: 90
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi everyone,

I have just updated my signature £31.54 spent in S**nsburys on my weekly top up of fruit, veg, yoghurts, frozen peas, and lots of other bits I need for my meal plan. We needed honey and I always have basics or value depending on where I shop, it was 99p which I thought was a lot? I'm sure it was 60 something last time I bought it.

Anyway we had jacket potatoes, sausages and beans for tea and I made a chocolate cake to make the most of the oven being on, so that's a nice treat for the weekends sorted.

Thank you all for your posts, have a nice evening.

PWx
    June 2022 GC £372.89/£400
    May 2022 GC £439.33/£400

• fedupandskint
    fedupandskint Posts: 10,358
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Just popping on to say I had a piece of the reduced salmon fillet and used the recipe on the front page for Thai steamed salmon - gorgeous! Will definitely have this again and at last a use for that old bottle of fish sauce I've had for a very very long time!

No more spends yet until tomorrow which is top up shopping day - in fact I'd better put my list together now
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • 69chick
    69chick Posts: 544 Forumite
    Hi again all. was just wondering if I can pick your brains.. I am trying to get into the habit of more baking and cooking of deserts for my lot who are pud lovers (and I don't like keep buying the ready stuff all the time) have had some success but I want to be able to just bung some cakes in the oven like a lot of people on here seem to do rather than make a big deal of it iyswim.. anyway am wanting to get a recipe for chocolate cake that I can either do in a round tin or maybe in a fairy cake tin. Can any of you give me any ideas? I have searched a bit around the net and on here but there seem to be so many different variations...

Any recipes/tips would be appreciated
    Starting with Avon C6 target sales £150.00
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family