PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

January 2011 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Catslovelycats
    Options
    OrkneyStar wrote: »
    Hi,
    Do I have to PM someone in particular to get my budget removed (I did not want it on in the first place- that was why it was not in red ;)) ?
    Thanks

I don;t think you'll need to. Someone will spot this post (didn't you post one like this yesterday too?) and change it for you. Sometimes it might be some hours though.
  • fedupandskint
    fedupandskint Posts: 10,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just had a little shuffle around the freezer to fit a pork joint in before it goes OOD, yesterdays batch cook of JP and duck legs 1/2 price in S*bugs

Then discovered a pork chop, lamb steak, mince beef and fish pie mix had forgotten about - plenty in

Took out gravy and red cabbage to defrost to have with chicken and mash tonight

Chicken leftovers will be - pie (have 1/2 block of pastry in there too), pasta, salad, that might be it -will see, then carcass for stock

Meaning what else can I have this week

Chicken pie x 2 or 3 meals
    Stir fry and rice or noodles
    Salmon and veg and JP
    Pork chop and veg
    Lamb steak and veg

Weekend make fish pie and batch cook bolognaise and tomato sauce alongside writing assignment of 1500 words and possible marmalade making if sevilles appear
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • OrkneyStar
    OrkneyStar Posts: 7,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 16 January 2011 at 3:24PM
    Options
    I don;t think you'll need to. Someone will spot this post (didn't you post one like this yesterday too?) and change it for you. Sometimes it might be some hours though.

Yes I did, but in the past things like that were normally changed very quickly, so just wondered if protocol had changed while I was away (not meaning to sound like an impatient wee pain in the *** lol).
    I have deleted it from yesterdays post and so it is just there as a single one now!
    Thanks to whoever sorts all this out (used to be MrsM, but not sure if it still that lovely lady or another lovely lady ;)).
    Won't be posting again for a while as no shops planned so happy GC everyone!! xx
    Ermutigung wirkt immer besser als Verurteilung.
    Encouragement always works better than judgement.

• Mothership
    Options
    We had a lovely fish pie last night. I used the pastry recipe from the best ever mince pies for the pastry, it was yummy. Even my 5 month old granddaughter enjoyed it. It pureed perfectly.
    If anyone wants the recipe let me know and I will post it.

Had a yummy spanish omelette for lunch made with peppers, onions, mushrooms and leftover potatoes from last night. Really filling.

Having Spaghetti Bolognaise for dinner tonight (mince from the freezer).

Not much left of my Jan food budget, think I will manage though, will only need to buy bread and milk fresh veg etc, I've got enough for at least a week. I'm saving the last of my budget for nearer the end of the month.

I got some pitta bread and stuff from farmfds just before xmas in case we ran out of bread, use by date 22nd March, went to use them yesterday and they had mould all over them. Should I take them back? You should have seen my husbands face when I gave him his bacon and tomato wrapped in fajhitas. He ate them. I'm refusing to buy or bake ANYTHING until everything that needs eaten is gone.
    1st Purse £114.19 Monthly GB
    2nd Purse ££100
    :rotfl::j:wave::j:rotfl:
    Fridge Freezer £300 3rd Purse /£290.94
  • Catslovelycats
    Options
    Yes I did, but in the past things like that were normally changed very quickly, so just wondered if protocol had changed while I was away (not meaning to sound like an impatient wee pain in the *** lol).
    I have deleted it from yesterdays post and so it is just there as a single one now!
    Thanks to whoever sorts all this out (used to be MrsM, but not sure if it still that lovely lady or another lovely lady ;)).
    Won't be posting again for a while as no shops planned so happy GC everyone!! xx

I shouldn't worry. Know how you feel OS. I felt the same Friday when I posted a NSD and I think I was too late for it to be registered. It didn't show 'quickly enough' for me and I wondered if I'd done somehting wrong like not done my post in colour :eek:. Not that any of us are obsessed with all this ....:rotfl: You'll be spotted. Don't worry ;)
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi,
    Do I have to PM someone in particular to get my budget removed (I did not want it on in the first place- that was why it was not in red ;)) ?
    Thanks

MrsMC keeps the list up to date, not sure how often she comes on so you could pm her? ;)
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • Catslovelycats
    Options
    I've got 2 haddock and mushroom filo tarts defrosting for tonight.
    Mmmmm. Not a huge fan of haddock.
    Only bought them because they were reduced from £6 to £1.55 in Nov & they looked nicely made ...
    Guess the cats will eat them if I don't like 'em! :D
  • brodie1_2
    brodie1_2 Posts: 131 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,
    Januarys total [ my Jan ends today] is £288.72 :j

cheers Brodie1
    :jBrodie 1/ july 300/330.62:oAugust300/322.49:o
    September 300/239.78:jOct300/258.50:jNov 250/282.24:) December 300/300.01:j JAN 2011 300/288.72 :j . September 300/319.19:(, October 300/351.59:jThree adults, 1 dog and 1 cats and cleaning stuff, toiletries, beer.
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    well done brodie! ;)

Long tall sally, martafdz and bella121984, I've put your bolognaise recipes in the index, thank you :T
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • Pernicious
    Pernicious Posts: 1,786 Forumite
    Options
    SilverBird wrote: »
    Ventured into town yesterday and spent £26.75 of the M&S voucher. Took advantage of their 3 for £10 deal on meat - 3 chickens, braising steak, 20 butcher's sausages and 4 quarterpounder Angus beefburgers. 'Saved' £7.76 here so I'm quite pleased with that.

When did M&S start doing a 3 for £10 deal on meat?

Everytime I have been in M&S their meat prices are astronomical so I refuse to buy it & stick to Mr T's instead. I'm sure M&S probably is better quality but have never been able to afford their prices, I will have to check this out.
    :idea:Debt at July 2012: £12,862.57 :eek:
    :dance:Current Debt: £0 :j
    100% paid off!
    :think: Savings Goal for November 2016: £5000 :cool:
    :D Current Savings: £1176.24 _party_
    23.52% Saved!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income