NST Joyful July

Comments

• PlaysNicely
    PlaysNicely Posts: 153 Forumite
    :wave: Evening all!

1) NSDs: still at 4 / 16 - had to spend today for food shopping!

2) At least one store cupboard menu week this month: longest run so far 5 days.
    Spent just under £30 on fruit, veg & things we'd run out of, so now the challenge is on to go for the next 7 days with what we have, now that we've got our fresh veg. Do still have to get bread for OH & probably some milk in the week so have put £5 in purse for this so there's no chance of extra spending & any underspend can go into one of the challenge coffers.
    I know £35 overall is more than the £30 I said yesterday, but I think I was being a bit optimistic there & forgetting that because we've just had 5 store cupboard days, there are things we'd run low on. So challenge is to get to next Thursday morning without spending more than that purse fiver!

3) Try to up my own income in some way (legally, of course)! Seeing what tomorrow brings, literally!

4) My NST health goal: 10,000 steps a day (as total of 70,000 across a week)!
    Huge work day, no power walk but did get a dog walk in after work, but not a long one as better for dogs to cool off in sea than slog across the reserve in the heat, so only just over 6,000 steps today which is a bit poor. Overall 50,940 / 70,000.

5) No FleaBay shopping for the whole month - achieved again today = 6 / 31.

6) Frugal focus: sourcing instead of spending:
    * Valance in progress
    * Doggy glove puppet in progress
    * Cut a few flowers from garden & put onto mantel to brighten it up without having to pay for a bunch!

Simple pleasures:
    :) Another great walk on beach at low tide - proper doggy paddle from male pooch today!
    :) Evening meal out in garden, lovely!
    :) Pushing myself with things I'm not confident in, it worked out OK for me today & I'm hoping it will carry through to tomorrow for this interview / trial thing.

Eager Elephant, yes Now TV works via Broadband, we've had ours a few years now, mainly for catch-up TV, rather than watching iPlayer via iPad. We quite like watching the Walter Presents international dramas on C4 catch-up and just like Calling14 mentioned, my hubby is also planning himself a treat of a day pass (kind of pay-as-you-go) on the sport side so he can watch the rugby - very easy to do. I also occasionally do yoga and relaxation via U-tube, which is useful using the TV screen rather than iPad as it's easier to see the moves etc. Really, I think it's pretty good value and you're not bombarded with marketing for the extras (just occasional emails) the extra viewing options are just there when you want them.

Thanks Mothernerd for today's inspiration, one that will stay with me, I think.

Night all, PN x
    £1000 Emergency fund challenge #236 - £ 5 / £332.05 + 365 day penny challenge - £ 18.15 / £667.95; 52 weeks challenge = £183 / £1,378;Frugal Living 2018 #42 <£11,500
    :p
  • Evening everyone,

Walked to the doctors for 11.45am today as my little was one was meant to have his jabs. Was kept waiting for 30mins only to be told the system had made a mistake and the clinic finished at 11.15am. There was only one nurse on duty when I arrived and she couldn’t give the little one his jabs as it needs two of them. Will have to go back next month sometime but I felt like I wasted a morning as I even have to skip mother and toddler group for the appointment.

Anyway walked back home, grabbed a very quick lunch, then headed out to a baby sensory class. Following that I was on the way to drop some books off at the charity shop when my sister phoned asking if I wanted to go out for dinner as my niece was missing the little one and wanted to see him. I agreed and we ended up at a buffet place which cost me just under £15 and put heed to what I hoped to be a NSD. All my fault though as I’m not good to saying ‘no’ when presented with food lol.
    VSPC 2019 #10 - £168.80/£100 VSPC 2020 #4 - £262.03/£200 VSPC 2021 #9 - £242.88/£200 VSPC 2022 #3 - £188.03/£200 VSPC 2023 #7 - £0/£200
  • Jo_Blogs
    Jo_Blogs Posts: 753 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Good morning all :);)

Wonderful posts and NSDs as always :T:T:T:p

Loving the Frugalwood's e-mails and challenge :D:D

Today will be NSD No.7 - I've really gone off shopping and buying things. Not that I was spending much on junk anyway ;).

Wishing you all a super NSDay! :);)
    Saved Nitty Gritty £7440.75 [149%] / £5000-[Sep] £58.44:starmod: for the 'Save 12k in 2017' #157
    2017 Womble #35 £3463.27 ;)Sept NSDs 4/15:staradminCCCChl 9/12 months:D
    Sept PPChl#002 Pts 71
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Still no NSD:cry: but apart from the hopeless Sat/Sun it has all been budgetted or planned for.

Today I have to do the first grocery shop - visitors tomorrow. Most will come from the entertainment budget which hasn't seen any use for a couple of months due to exams and other life traumas.

First, trip to Kilmarnock to see if the antibiotics have worked on DH's infected finger.

Not working next week now. They can't get their IT sorted. A week on Monday. I f I haven't killed DH by then it will be a miracle. After midnight to bed all week despite being exhausted and repeatedly saying 'I'll be up shortly' as I go up at about 2230.:mad:
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    I got one! I got one! My first SFD!!
    Whoooo hooo!

Now for some more.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • cuddlymarm
    cuddlymarm Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Hi guys
    Time to check in again.
    Yesterday wasn't a NSD ( I spent £5.30 but £5 of it was a voucher but I'm opting to put the £5 I didn't spend in my savings towards Xmas.)
    What I earned last week was in the bank this morning too but that will be transferred to the credit card to knock that down a bit. ( Part of me says I should buy myself something to wear as a treat but with dieting as much as I keep seeing lovely clothes there's no point buying them and I've got more clothes than I know what to do with as it is. The bigger ones that fit are getting worn most and then as soon as they are too big will be charity shopped. )
    Some time over the next few days I'll pop into town because I need 2 baby presents. It's all little girls being born at the moment and as a mother of two sons I love buying pink things.
    OH is going to talk to someone about a bit of temp work today which will help a bit if he gets it.
    I'm still looking out for jobs. I've applied for 2 this week.
    I'm grateful for this lovely weather at the moment. I'll try and get a long walk in later.
    Anyway enough of my ramblings, time for a nice cup of tea.
    Keep well guys
    Cuddles
    🎄December 🎄 NSDs 11/15
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Hugs FBO - long walks help if you can get out of the house.

:j:j:jf0xh0les:j:j:j

:):):):):):):) Don't worry:):):):):):):)
    :):):):):):):):)Be Happy:):):):):):):)

When it's all too much, remember
    Just Do the Next Thing
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Well done Foxholes:rotfl:1 SFD

School summer fayre attended yesterday not too much damage.:)
    Bought some blackberry jam, xmas tree and a tomato plant. Had a few goes on Tombola and treat latte and lemon cake. Under 10 pounds.

Hermit head on this weekend.
    Nothing planned and Dd away so please myself. NT visit I expect will take drink with me. Hopefully no spending.

Counting todays SFD as not going near a shop up to 4/16:D

100 pounds off my debts today, surveys done.

Grateful for
    My garden keeping me busy
    Good book
    Homemade butternut squash soup for lunch
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Hello,

another SFD yesterday but not today as sadly it was time to put our cat to sleep yesterday. So another bill on the CC (this might be covered by insurance) plus cremation which is not covered. We'll scatter her ashes under her favourite tree in the garden.

Also did a sensible top up shop for £34 in Lidl that should get us through most of next week.

I'll do my usual disappearing act into the offline world over the weekend and see you Monday, have a good one
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Thrifty - hugs. Very sad when you have to part with your pets. Hope your alright xx
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure