ATB'S Frugal Foray to Freedom

Comments

• genieuk
    genieuk Posts: 341 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Well done for hitting your target.

I op'd some more this week now into the 60's closed an Isa as it was only earning 0.05%. Stiill 3 more days for items to sell on bay.

Baked this morning blueberry muffins followed by double choc chip, Food spend a little more this week MIL is on her way down ;( not sure what she can and can't eat this time no heads up as usual, she tends to bring her own brown bread mines not good enough lol, her peach lift tea (yuk!)

Started making my own bread again as have lots of yeast from approved foods.

Have a lovely weekend I have one shift to go tomorrow.
    Mortgage
    June 2011 £145,943.13
    Dec 16 £74,537; Feb
    Aug 17 £59,399.96
    Nov 19 £0.00
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Yum to blueberry muffins genie!

Morning all :)

Another £10 eBay sale overnight, shuffled to the pot. Fingers crossed for some more sales this weekend. Any money that I do raise will be going towards a much coveted purchase of a heated clothes airer. At 6p per hour to run, it is much cheaper than the tumble drier which has been on an awful lot.

Plan for today:
    - budget up to month end so I know exactly what we have in the bank
    - Trip to the park
    - NSD

Happy Saturdays x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Ooh we have a heated clothes dryer from Lakeland and I loves it :D (this makes me sound very boring!) only thing is I wished we had room for the three tiered one. I didn't have room in the kitchen for a tumble dryer so had to compromise but actually have been very pleased with it.
  • hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    edited 11 March 2017 at 7:07PM
    I love our heated airer. Well worth the money.
  • atypicalblonde
    Hi all,

Apologies for being AWOL, I have been feeling a bit under the weather and my upper body has come out in hives as a result! They are under control now but I think my body is trying to externalise some of my stress so I can't ignore it anymore.

Much needed night away with girlfriends this week - I need to be me for 24 hours - not mummy, wife, worker etc.

In MFW news, we are still in a good place - financials update to follow when I feel a bit more with it.

Hope everyone is well xx
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,893 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Hives don't sound good ATB! Make sure you relax and don't get stressed - getting rid of the mortgage isn't worth making you ill (even if I know having the mortgage isn't great either!).

Enjoy your night away and I hope you feel better soon! x
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• atypicalblonde
    Afternoon all,

The sun is shining here which is glorious for the soul. My hives have gone but the hacking cough remains. From 9am tomorrow I am officially 'off duty' from life for 24 hours - heading to a spa with some girlfriends :D. Very much needed.

Financials update to come on Monday, I've sold all the remaining bits on eBay now :jx
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,893 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Have a fab time away!!
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• atypicalblonde
    Morning all :)

Had a lovely time away, but back to reality with a bump! Got home to find a relative has moved in with us... for two weeks :eek:..... whilst their house is being decorated. No one thought to ask she just rocked up...

I'm too polite to say anything so the next fortnight we will be rather overcrowded!

Money news to follow on Monday. I have a hacking cough and quite fancy escaping to warmer climes for a week! X
  • poddle911
    poddle911 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    That's so outrageous! Hope she's a good house guest at least and doesn't get in the way of your plans. Good luck with everything, your OPs and positive attitude are such an inspiration!
    LBM Sep 2008 debt: £27,927.04
    start weight: 140.2, week 2: 138
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport