Bristol Energy Reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I decided to give them a chance, for a substantial saving, and been with them 2+ months. The switch went through smoothly and quietly, I phoned once to check something and was answered promptly. They send bills as an email attachment, so there's no need to go online and remember log in password to see it, which I find convenient (high security doesn't seem too necessary for an energy bill). So, no issues so far...
    Evolution, not revolution
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    eDicky wrote: »
    I decided to give them a chance, for a substantial saving, and been with them 2+ months. The switch went through smoothly and quietly, I phoned once to check something and was answered promptly. They send bills as an email attachment, so there's no need to go online and remember log in password to see it, which I find convenient (high security doesn't seem too necessary for an energy bill). So, no issues so far...
    Into the fourth month, I am still quite happy with Bristol Energy. I just phoned their CS and was answered immediately. My gas reading was slightly below their previous estimate, so had to be entered manually, no problem. My bills are less than the direct debit amount (for dual fuel), so the balance is in credit. Apparently they don't refund anything until the end of the year, unlike other suppliers I think but not such a big deal, so I lowered the DD amount (to £18), all done and nice weather in Bristol...
    Evolution, not revolution
  • thelight
    thelight Posts: 141 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I've been havin some problems getting a credit refund after leaving them on 12 May 2016. My email questions never get answered. I waited a few weeks after my final statement arrived but didn't get the credit. When I called to query, I was told they only refund customers who leave with a credit if they call and ask for it!

Around three weeks later I am still waiting for my cheque.
  • georgeoAr
    Options
    Any recent comments on this supplier?

I'm about to switch and cheapest option for me, at exactly the same estimates are SSE and Bristol Energy.

The difference is that SSE has a £30 exit fee but Bristol Energy has none. Trying to figure out if it's worth it, any ideas welcome.
  • thelight
    Options
    I had a few issues trying to get my credit back after leaving them. Customer Service told me that they don't automatically issue refunds when a customer leaves, they wait for the customer to ask for it. Once I had requested it it took quite a while to arrive.

I also found they never replied to emails, but we're fine over the phone.
  • bxboards
    bxboards Posts: 1,711 Forumite
    Options
    I moved over to them last year on a Fixed Year tarrif which ends in March 2017.

Switch went well, no issues. They e-mail me a few days before they produce a bill for meter readings so these are all up to date.

Have'nt needed to contact them yet. Price was by far the best at the time. I use them for electricity only, I use someone else for gas.
  • Magenta
    Magenta Posts: 2,133 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have just applied to switch to them so I am keeping my fingers crossed that everything will go well and continue to do so once the switch has been made.
    :smileyheaMagenta
  • Ailin
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm also joining this new provider, just applied to switch to them. I hope I'll be one of the customers without any issues. I'll keep you posted.
  • Ailin
    Options
    Hey Magenta, do you have any update?
  • Bristol_Energy
    Bristol_Energy Posts: 4 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Nathan94 wrote: »
    Where do I start?

They don't answer the phone and take ages to respond to any other communication method

When they do contact you, they send you confusing and contradictory information

They don't put you on the tariff you request.

They increase your monthly payments

Their website is useless

They don't take meter readings, aand ignore the ones you supply yourself

Billing is a complete shambles

Do I need to go on?

Hi Nathan,

We’re very sorry to hear you’ve had a bad experience with us. It looks like you might have joined us just as we were setting up the company, and we have put in place numerous measures since March ’16 to improve our customer service, which we hold as a top priority. You can read more about these measures here: https://bristol-energy.co.uk/bristol-energy-quarterly-complaints-report-2016-q2

Unfortunately we have had a couple of issues with our new website, but we have worked to resolve these as quickly as possible, we would like to apologise for any inconvenience this matter has caused yourself.

Would it be possible for you to advise us of your account details so that the customer care team can investigate the additional issues you raise? Or you could email our customer care team at customercare@Bristol-Energy.co.uk and they will happily look into this for you.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Bristol Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback