Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Comments

• ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    If you have read everything right - then you probably need to look for a gas leak.
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,181 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    ZTD wrote: »
    In fact, I think that's hovering quite close to your 100 A main fuse rating (about 96A).

Not plausible.

Are you sure you've read everything properly?

I thought I had but it was dark, I had a torch & it was at a bad angle :o:o

I thought I was going to have a stroke:o:o
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Jeez, I need a gin.
    But I dont drink on my own.
    Just a well :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I love Zed. He is brilliant.

Beanie, you've made me laugh bless you.
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • beanielou
    Butti wrote: »

Glad to be of service Butti:D

Never mind an emmergency fund I would have needed a mortgage to pay that ogg:rotfl::rotfl:

• beanielou
    Watching DIY SOS Butti.
    Puts it all into prespective.

• ZTD
    beanielou wrote: »
    I thought I had but it was dark, I had a torch & it was at a bad angle :o:o

...and the wheely chair was rocking...and the strippers were on the telly... :p
    I thought I was going to have a stroke:o:o

So would I...thousands of kilowatts is megawatts, and that's way out of the domestic setting and playing with the big boys at that point.
    Jeez, I need a gin.
    But I dont drink on my own.
    Just a well :rotfl:

You not got your cat drinking gin yet then? ;)

:o Aww...fank you very much... :o

And hopefully everyone now knows not to read the meter in the dark...
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Oh jeez I'm glad I missed the drama. Glad all's well and SuperZ has put his underpants over his tights and saved the day :D.

Though if I had been here I'd have joined you in a gin :beer:.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Blimey! Z, you're a star! Well done - practical doojiggery is whats needed at a time like that. Those numbers would've been a blur to me ...
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • ZTD
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Blimey! Z, you're a star! Well done - practical doojiggery is whats needed at a time like that. Those numbers would've been a blur to me ...

You'd be surprised how often people rely on that reaction, but what I always try to do, is to estimate things, and to scale them into stuff I can "feel". So when we have figures, and the audience all going "Ooh! Numbers!" there's a lone voice at the back (mine) going "But that's bollox..." That's why I scaled Beanie's reading into the heat given by electric fires.

The widest margin I can remember between expectations and the numbers was a Physics calculation involving almost a couple of moles of carbon. I was expecting somewhere in to 20-25g area. The teacher came out with a figure somewhere about the mass of the Moon. :eek:

Don't multiply by Avagadro's constant twice - it is big, but it's not clever...
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure