And so it begins: The Pig Vs The Mortgage

Options

Comments

• pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Spendy spendy today:eek: All necessary and all budgeted for but it still feels a bit uncomfortable to be hammering my credit card so early in the month!

The weekly food shop was £30.60 so just under budget. Top ups need to be avoided but we will need milk at some point. This is a bit higher than of late but toiletries, cleaning bits and dishwasher tabs were needed. It also included cake making and marmalade ingredients so at least I have three large cakes and 6 jars of marmalade now :)
    I had a £5 voucher for Morrisons which I used for dog food and orange juice in the end because everything seemed so expensive compared to Aldi. Can't believe how much I've saved by switching to them :)

Also had a £37 spend on fuel and £35 on ds's prom ticket. Luckily his cousin passed on a really nice suit so the only other expense will be getting the trousers altered.

In other news Music magpie have sent me £38.71:j and I've made £48 eBay profit in two weeks and have got £26.42 worth of bids on this week's items:j. Its a bit of a faff but it gets rid of unwanted/unused stuff and will allow me to os something in March while income is lower.

March's goals will be ;

Os £200 (its usually £430). £70 will be from the os interest so that leaves me £130 from sales or grocery, fuel or personal saves. Challenging but doable if I get my finger out.

£880 net into AVC

Exercise 4 times a week including at least one run

Drink 2 Lt of water a day

Sort out year financial year end accounts and tax year end accounts. As of this year these will be the same so much simpler.

Try a new recipe a week. Very set in my ways:o

Off now as my services as an unpaid taxi driver are needed:rotfl:

PP xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • pinkypig
    Options
    I've really enjoyed today as I've pottered (which I love) in my home (which I also love). Feeling very content:)

Meals have been been perfect for the weather (can't ever remember it being quite this cold). Porridge for breakfast, spicy lentil and carrot soup and ys artisan bread for lunch and chilli, rice and ys 10p spicy tortilla chip for dinner .Kids wolfed it down which is always a good sign :)

Pottering has also achieved;

Two family size portions of chilli for the freezer

5 tubs of sc tomato and basil sauce (my 5p live basil wasn't perking up so it needed using).

3 wrinkly peppers and lo pineapple turned into sweet and sour sauce for later in the week.

3 sponge cakes (one for us, one for mum and dad and one for the freezer) used hm plum and mulled wine jam as a filling and it was yummy:)

6 jars if marmalade (but did cheat and used a tin of Marmade)

Laundry done and on the airer

All eBay items with bids are parcelled (and clearly labelled so I don't get muddled!) to save me some time midweek.

Unblocked sink :j

Did food shop (brrr didn't hang around:eek:). Also left my list on the kitchen table :mad:

Ordered prom ticket

Filled car up ready for next week.

I also curled up on the sofa and read for an hour, lovely :)

Having a TV catch up before I go and pick up ds. Dd is out with her bf so a nice, quiet evening:)

Happy Friday to you:D

PP xx
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Fantastic end of month totals there PP.

Your snow days sound as if they have been very productive and cosy :)
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Fantastic end of month totals there PP.

Your snow days sound as if they have been very productive and cosy :)

They have been rather nice, I'm hoping life will be like this when I get to early retirement - minus the snow and ice though !!

How is it where you are? Not too awful I hope xx
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Its snowing again:eek: Tucked up with a large coffee and the electric blanket on and not moving until 8.30!
    When i picked ds up last night the car had developed a shake and a clunk:( hoping nice mechanic can take a look at it today. Other than that its cleaning, pizza dough, reading and some school stuff. Its just not fit to be out.

Happy Saturday:)

PP xx
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    It is quite bad here too, we had a snow day yesterday - the roads are just treacherous. I am enjoying pottering in our lovely home :)
  • michelle09
    michelle09 Posts: 912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Your Saturday sounds perfect. My grandmother is complaining at being cooped up, I just like the plan of being stuck inside for the day. :D
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We had our worst snow last night and still having the odd shower. I think we are are all happy to stay in. The children have not even asked to play outside or go sledging. I think they still remember just how cold they got last time. Soggy gloves made for a very sad 6 year old last time it snowed.
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Fantastic few days for you, PP! Though the blocked sink and the clonking car sound not-fantastic-at-all. Horrified to hear snow is still falling! We had another dose yesterday, but now the mist has gone, its really sunny, and the snow that was still laying is melting - hopefully that will get to you really soon.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Hi lovely folks :wave: , thanks for popping in, i hope you've had a fabulous day pottering :)

I certainly have! The car is still a bit clunky but apparently nothing obvious so tyres checked and pressure topped up and back in later in the week to have it properly looked at with the wheels off:eek:

Straight home after that, too cold to hang around. I've spent the day marking, bit of cleaning, bit of laundry, helped ds with some English revision and watched a series of Luther on Netflix:p

Successes included ;

A nsd :j

Drank loads of water:)

Cheap, healthy eats (porridge for breakfast, lo for lunch and hm pizza and doughballs for dinner)

Laundry up to date

House clean and tidy

Freezer full to bursting:)

Pork defrosting for big roast dinner tomorrow

EBay bids up to £32 :)

My breadmaker that seemed to be on the blink is behaving brilliantly :j. The pizza dough was lovely. So glad its not knackered as I love convenience (and the results).

Off to bed soon, all this pottering is exhausting, hope your Saturday nights are more exciting :rotfl:

PP xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback