Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    4 more prize draws :(
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    savvy_sal wrote: »
    I'll never forget those Jakemans:rotfl::rotfl:

Hey you may laugh sal......there were folk rushing out with their nighties tucked down their trousers at midnight to get that glitch:D
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    davemorton wrote: »
    4 more prize draws :(

Surely one of us (one of you) has to win a prize in the Prize Draw:D

What can you actually win?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • 3Dogs
    3Dogs Posts: 14,092 Forumite
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Strange how some of us are getting different results.
    Mine was a mixed £8 batch though.

Weird result and it's not the normal Scotland/England thing either
    This is my second try at posting a reply and Savvy Sal isn’t much help! She asked me to reply and say she’s sitting here with her oxygen mask on holding a pretend piece of string that’s fixed to an imaginary cube and still can’t get an answer. APGs are more fun! Well done on the Mullers and the felix for Oz. We got our Mullers earlier in the week.

Oh I am so glad we are keeping you both amused :rotfl: :rotfl:
    tweets wrote: »
    Good Evening :hello:

Just watched a work friend get married in Jamaica :j:j

Live video popped up on Facebook :D

It made me cry she looked so happy :beer:

Isn't the internet wonderful :j
    :( Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 :( 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13 :(
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    i`ve only done one gift set apg as i needed a small pressie for one person.she has just announced shes not doing presents this year but giving what she would have spent to charity instead.:rotfl:
    Yep, you couldn't write it could you.
    For once I was a bit ahead Christmas shopping wise, not necessarily bought all the things, but knew what I wanted for who.
    Email from DDiL re family adults secret santa, so basically my son's family (us two) and his wife's family, quite a few.
    We usually travel down to stay and we exchange small gifts with the in/out laws when we go.. the number depends on who will be there. Those would have been sorted mainly from the vast stash!!

This secret santa thing is I think a good idea - buy 1 present each for £30, it would cost a lot more if I was a muggle, hadn't been crafty and making Christmas preserves!!

Now I have to buy a present for the Hungarian partner of my son's brother in law who I have never even heard of, let alone met!! (I googled, she's female!)
    Will obviously have to buy for my dearly beloved grumpy's recipient too.
    The site is quite good though as people can add their wish list and a bit about themselves.

Some of things I have already bought will be passed on to son and DilL anyway
  • 3Dogs
    3Dogs Posts: 14,092 Forumite
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Surely one of us (one of you) has to win a prize in the Prize Draw:D

What can you actually win?

A Gweggs £1 voucher lol
    :( Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 :( 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13 :(
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    tpwl66 wrote: »
    I’m itching to take a walk to waities, so does anyone think the £6 off £30 voucher will work on half price choccies, do you think the till will pick up full price before it deducts vouchers & half price choccies?? Xx what I mean is would I have to buy £30 of half price choccies or just £15 worth?? I’m so thick at this! X

Just £15's worth I would have thought, but may be wrong.
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    3Dogs wrote: »
    Weird result and it's not the normal Scotland/England thing either

Oh I am so glad we are keeping you both amused :rotfl: :rotfl:

Isn't the internet wonderful :j

Internet is wonderful :T
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 1 December 2017 at 10:58PM
    annieme wrote: »
    I’ve just checked & the chomp has a different bar code: 7 622210 783929. Obviously that’s the problem, I’ll go back in the morning but is the multibuy ending in Asda or M please?
    Thank you for your help.

I don't think it's ending in A as it is still showing online. I don't know when it is due to end in M as it's not showing online and the SELs don't tell me end dates these days - however the current pricing will keep on the APG until at least Tuesday.

There is no "problem": it's a clear refund to 5 for £1 and £2 GC claim. The problem is that I didn't buy the same one as you did:rotfl::(. (Maybe I don't have the right version, which is your version not mine, in my stores so perhaps it's not even available to me - what a shame, I get the glitch comparison which I thought at the time was quite good but I feel I paid way too much now that I didn't get the one that should give an overcharge due to not being in the mbuy but easy for the stores to mix up. If they have both versions in the same store, they should have two SELs - one "Cadbury Chomp 23.5g [my BC]" with price and 5 for £1 on it, the other "Cadbury Chomp 23.5g [your BC]" and just single price:rotfl:.)
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Hey you may laugh sal......there were folk rushing out with their nighties tucked down their trousers at midnight to get that glitch:D

We should start a list :D

Now who has been out to get a glitch in their nightie....:think:

:whistle:

1. TS :o (did pop my coat over the top ;))
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure