How much energy do you use?

Comments

• Since the OP can't be bothered to thank anyone for their input, I'll do it for him.

Thanks guys/gals.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • FreddieFrugal
    FreddieFrugal Posts: 1,750
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 22 September 2015 at 5:03PM
    Since the OP can't be bothered to thank anyone for their input, I'll do it for him.

I'm actually offended by that.

Was meant to be a discussion about energy usage. I don't quite understand why your post was necessary?

I did in fact respond to several posts on this thread.

I am also an active member of this forum and have helped numerous people with problems from issues with insurers to giving step by step instructions on how to sound insulate a party wall, with pictures of the work.

I put a lot of 'bother' into this forum.

So why on earth you've decided to hop on a thread and post something like that I don't know.

Should I thank you for it?
    Mortgage remaining: £42,260 of £77,000 (2.59% til 03/18 - 2.09% til 03/23)

Savings target June 18 - £22,281.99 / £25,000
  • bsod wrote: »
    1200kwh/pa or 136watts average use is low, how did you arrive at this figure, actual readings? what is the stated running costs and make/model of this fridge freezer

1200 kWh is our latest meter reading in kWh MINUS the one from same time last year.

I'm not sure what you're referring to with the 136 watts average?

• bsod
    bsod Posts: 1,225 Forumite
    edited 22 September 2015 at 8:29PM
    136w x 24hours x 365days = 1200 kwh more or less

so you manage to run a house on not much more than 2 old fashioned 60w lightbulbs.
    Don't you dare criticise what you cannot understand
  • FreddieFrugal
    FreddieFrugal Posts: 1,750
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 23 September 2015 at 6:13AM
    bsod wrote: »
    136w x 24hours x 365days = 1200 kwh more or less

so you manage to run a house on not much more than 2 old fashioned 60w lightbulbs.

Well according to info online, our fridge freezer uses 25 watts an hour (A++ rated)

Lighting over a day would be 5 watts an hour, as an average over the year

Dryer is B rated, only used maybe 15 times a year. That's 6w an hour over year

Washing machine 87 watts an hour average over a year.

Oven 11 watts an hour average over year.

TV 18 watts an hour average over year.

Can't be certain on these figures as I'm uncertain from the which? Info I'm using what settings have been used on the machines, we always use the Eco modes. Yes just had quick check and that wattage for washing machine is based on a mix of 60 and 40 watt washes on cotton setting. We use daily quick at 30. So the energy consumption should be lower than that, but it don't know by how much.

• . . .I put a lot of 'bother' into this forum.
    So why on earth you've decided to hop on a thread and post something like that I don't know. .
    And it seems clear that others have shown the good manners to thank you for your bother.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • Elec - 11,600 kWh
    Oil - 1000 litres
    Logs - 4 m3
    Coal - 600kg

To add.....
    That we used electric heaters last winter as our oil boiler only does the hot water (but does a splendid job). Our electric heating bill should fall now we've just got an air source heat pump with a COP of 6.0. It gives 8kW of heat output for 1.4kW of electric.

5 people in ancient stone detached house.
    I am the Cat who walks by itself and all places are alike to me.
  • And it seems clear that others have shown the good manners to thank you for your bother.

And I have thanked others, in fact if you would 'bother' to look at the rest of the page you'd find that I have 'thanked' many of the posts.

If those thanks weren't there for you to see when you originally posted your rude comment, then perhaps it was because I had not yet had chance to thank those people.

Like most people I have time commitments to family, work and life that mean I may well not be able to check the forum every five minutes.

But that doesn't mean that I can't be bothered to thank people.

Thanks for your insightful post Consumerist

• brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,499
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 23 September 2015 at 6:39AM
    Re the fridge/freezer in the garage scenario - our garage is not integral, it's attached to the side of the house, and we find that the old Zanussi machine that we use for Summer overflow ,is useless once outside overnight temps. dip below 4 deg C ie about now !! I have to "remind" my OH every year, to run down the contents - all that is left in the freezer section now, is a couple of loaves of bread and some of my fishing bait .:rotfl:

Still find the OP's leccy usage to be awe inspiring !! I suspect cooking our roast Sunday dinner uses more than that !!
  • brewerdave wrote: »
    Re the fridge/freezer in the garage scenario - our garage is not integral, it's attached to the side of the house, and we find that the old Zanussi machine that we use for Summer overflow ,is useless once outside overnight temps. dip below 4 deg C ie about now !! I have to "remind" my OH every year, to run down the contents - all that is left in the freezer section now, is a couple of loaves of bread and some of my fishing bait .:rotfl:

Still find the OP's leccy usage to be awe inspiring !! I suspect cooking our roast Sunday dinner uses more than that !!

I checked info for ours and indeed I think the temp in the garage will have been lower at times than its stated operating temperature range. However it's been in there for a year and doesn't seem to have had any ill effects, was working fine over winter.

Hope that doesn't shorten its life too much, unfortunately we don't have much choice! Either it goes in the garage or we don't have one!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport