No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries May 2017

Comments

• Houseplant26
    Houseplant26 Posts: 473
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Forgot to post my UUs!

Sample of Sjal eye cream - WNB as I assume it is very expensive! Also I'm rubbish at using eye creams.
    Korean sheet mask - WNBA didn't do anything magical, and was a tkmaxx buy anyway so hard to find again
    Lush Wiccy massage bar - WPNBA I have had a couple of these before I think. I really like the but they aren't economical as the cocoa nibs in it just end up getting left when softer parts are melted down through use, and seem to have no real function.

Argh I have bought a fair bit when I think about it this month, a cleanser, an oil and a moisturiser and eye makeup remover (or was that in April) and two random face masks.
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    I use the la roche posey dry powder spf 50 spray that i spray all over my make up it is amazing. I use it as a setting spray as once it goes over a full face of makeup it stays perfectly all day. it is light weight and so brilliant. I am so photosensitive that i will not out in the midday sun unless really needed. this made a massive difference to my life and ability to stay out sight seeing with out being burnt. use it as a top up over the lotion, that can be simply reapplied through out the day.

If you get time, can you post a link as only one I know are the cream one and not the dry powder :o

Welcome back everyone, it is good to see you back. I think my stash isn't in a horrible stage anymore but I still like reading the thread.

I was going to buy Caroline Hirons beauty box but I was in two-minds. By the time I convinced myself to buy it, it was out of stock :eek:
    Not sure I'm gutted or not. It was too much money but few things I wanted to try was in it, like Zelens Vitamin D drops. Ah well.

My look fantastic beauty box has arrived. I really like LF. This month's box included:
    Scrub of Love Hydrating coconut oil body scrub
    James Read Gradual Tan Mist
    Mellow Baked Eyeshadow in Cream
    System Professional Reconstructive elixir
    Glow Hydro Demaquillage make up remover
    Real Chemistry 3 min peel
    Nuface Prep-N-Glow Dual-sided cloth

No UU's yet but I TA a small tube of Clarins concealer. I cut open the tube to get the last bit of the product out of it but couldn't finish on time. It has gone solid :eek:
    ally.
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972
    Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    Another one off the PP list - a UU of a Revitalift Serum. I can't remember the exact title but it has a red-tinted bottle. The label came off some time ago. It was an NBI, sent to review.

WIB? Um, not sure, it was nice and light but not exceptional and I've had quite a few others that were similar. I think my run of UUs has halted now.

The Revitalift Day Cream appears to have loads left in it so that probably will go on to next month.

I haven't been offered anything too exciting this week but can't complain after my lovely hot air brush last week. I'm using it daily.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    VALM - you are doing very well this month. I think I am having the slowest uu month ever.

Houseplant - I used to fall for GWP's all the time but I am so over them, all those little trial sizes of things I was never going to buy anyway seem so pointless to me now. I just buy the things I actually need now. Have you tried a dry skin brush instead of a body scrub, they make your skin look and feel amazing and help to drain toxins from your body plus nothing goes down the drain or in the bin.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,979
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Asijj

Same for me with the CH box, but think I dithered so as not to make a decision LOL

I will buy the zelens bit d drops soon, read good reviews re problem skin and I keep getting dermititis type breakouts, part of my immune system problem I think

Dolly

Another one who is over gwp offers, like you would rather just get the item I want.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,819
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    dolly84 wrote: »
    VALM - you are doing very well this month. I think I am having the slowest uu month ever.

Houseplant - I used to fall for GWP's all the time but I am so over them, all those little trial sizes of things I was never going to buy anyway seem so pointless to me now. I just buy the things I actually need now. Have you tried a dry skin brush instead of a body scrub, they make your skin look and feel amazing and help to drain toxins from your body plus nothing goes down the drain or in the bin.

Thank you. Will have another body butter down tomorrow too. When I restock I'll have to buy full sizes.

I'm with you also on the GWP minis re: skincare but always fall for them re: bodycare as I can use shower gels/shampoos etc when I travel.

I mentioned the other day that I was going to use the Tarte Energy Noir palette but I don't get on with it. The colours are too cool toned for me. I have put this and my The Balm NudeTude palettes up for sale. Hope they bring someone else some joy.

Instead I am alternating between my Benefit Naturals palette and Lorac Pro Matte palette. I have this morning hit pan on the Latte colour in the Lorac Pro palette so pleased about this.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • kadison
    kadison Posts: 3,662
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    Feeling very low today, inamongst all the other more superficial c**p that's been going on for me and OH (endless issues with my Avon business and people stealing his ideas at work), his best friend was hit by a white van man while on his bike last night and is now in hospital! :mad:

He is a very keen cyclist and had all the gear on, lights, helmet + camera, high-vis etc. He said his helmet and swift action saved his life so perhaps he wasn't able to breathe at first, we don't think he was alone as he normally goes on rides in a group.

Basically he is on a morphine drip with a broken shoulder blade, collar bone and upper ribcage. He has his kids at the weekends but can't drive, his girlfriend doesn't drive either so we'll have to work something out.

He lives alone so we're not sure when he'll be coming home from hospital as they'll want to make sure he won't be alone, at least to begin with.

There are so many cyclists around here that don't bother with lights, helmets or high-vis in the dark and they clearly don't realise the dangers. :eek:
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2023
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,491
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Another OUT:

Cerave PM Facial Moisturiser A cult product with Skincare Addicts on Instagram and Reddit, but I didn't enjoy it at all so I sold it to someone who might enjoy it more.

I'm nearing the end of a shower gel, so that should be UU tomorrow, I think. Slow progress for me this month :/
  • kadison
    kadison Posts: 3,662
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    2 GAs to G.A.M.U.....

Clarins Summer bronzing compact - I have persevered but it's just too orange for me!
    Kiko Double Colour Baked Blush - Harmonious Bisque - seemed nice at first but it doesn't show up at all!

It's a shame as neither were exactly cheap :cool:
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2023
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business