After the Work Programme

Comments

• AP007
    AP007 Posts: 7,109 Forumite
    For those that have ended the WP did you all get an exit report?

Mine was sent to the JC and they said they cant let me have a copy but the WP have lied and said I missed EIGHT appointments which I never did as I only missed 2 job searches due to being ill in the two years.

I have asked the WP for a copy and a list of the dates they say I have missed but they say since I am no longer on the WP they do not have to tell me or give me a copy of the report

Why are they allowed to lie and write c**p about me and not tell me the dates they are saying I never attended?

Can I request a copy under the freed of information act?

Anyone know?
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • busy_mom_2
    busy_mom_2 Posts: 1,391
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    AP007 wrote: »
    For those that have ended the WP did you all get an exit report?

Mine was sent to the JC and they said they cant let me have a copy but the WP have lied and said I missed EIGHT appointments which I never did as I only missed 2 job searches due to being ill in the two years.

I have asked the WP for a copy and a list of the dates they say I have missed but they say since I am no longer on the WP they do not have to tell me or give me a copy of the report

Why are they allowed to lie and write c**p about me and not tell me the dates they are saying I never attended?

Can I request a copy under the freed of information act?

Anyone know?

No reason why JCP should not show you, you were present at the exit interview I presume so you have every right to see a copy I would expect. Did the adviser give a reason why the wouldn't show it?.

JCP are lucky to get an exit report only 10% or returners have a report sent.
  • AP007
    edited 24 July 2013 at 6:56PM
    busy_mom wrote: »
    No reason why JCP should not show you, you were present at the exit interview I presume so you have every right to see a copy I would expect. Did the adviser give a reason why the wouldn't show it?.

JCP are lucky to get an exit report only 10% or returners have a report sent.
    Not at all. I never had an exit interview.

I asked to see it and she said 'I don't think I can show it to you'

I have now emailed her after the WP telling me this to ask if I can have a copy.

If I get now joy I will be pursing it with my MP and CH4 news team as the WP love to lie and make up things
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • leroy28
    leroy28 Posts: 49 Forumite
    lol yeah i can just imagine it now, headlines chanel 4 news, "shocking news tonight, a jobseeker isnt allowed to see his exit report, stay tuned
  • AP007
    leroy28 wrote: »
    lol yeah i can just imagine it now, headlines chanel 4 news, "shocking news tonight, a jobseeker isnt allowed to see his exit report, stay tuned
    Oh how you laugh, it is no joke

They wont let me see it as they have LIED!

ch4 news have contact me a few times about my experience on the WP and wanted to talk to me

This includes the FOUR times they reported me for not attending appointments that never where appointments!

I can only assume the report stating I missed 8 includes these 4 that they lied about and more made up ones no doubt,

If they have nothing to hide why not let me see it?
  • busy_mom_2
    Forumite
    Were you not booked in for an exit interview? perhaps you 'didn't attend' it. Ring them up and ask for one!
  • AP007
    edited 24 July 2013 at 10:22PM
    Were you not booked in for an exit interview? perhaps you 'didn't attend' it. Ring them up and ask for one!
    LOL Not at all. I attended my last 'review' and was told 'oh if I realised you were this near to the end (4 days) I would have told you not to bother to come in'

I said 'what happens now'

WP 'Our head office do a report and send it to the job centre and it should be there by the time you see them'

WP 'bye then'!

I cant ask for anything as the WP has ended and the report been produced without me being there as the office doesn't do them, the HO does and there are no exit interviews as I heard a guy before me and all he got was 'this is it then' & 'good luck'

the WP manager has told me they have provided the report as per their contact with the JCP and not me so they can not let me see it. So I can only assume they do it this way so they can lie in it.
  • busy_mom_2
    Forumite
    To be frank the reports I have seen are very poor, the interviews I have covered I go through the exit report with the customer to clarify exactly what the provider has(n't) done with the jobseeker. I can't belive how many people have come back without even a basic C.V or one that hasn't been updated within 2 years.
  • AP007
    To be frank the reports I have seen are very poor, the interviews I have covered I go through the exit report with the customer to clarify exactly what the provider has(n't) done with the jobseeker. I can't belive how many people have come back without even a basic C.V or one that hasn't been updated within 2 years.
    Oh but the WP is great, no? LOL

Everyone seems to think it is

She didn't cover anything said in the report at all but I told her they didn't nothing and I only had my first apt last January as they could not be bothered to contact me and then I only went once a month for 11 months and that was for an review which lasted 5-10 mins , me doing all the talking and that was it.

One session on understanding the job market where I sat and did nothing as it was to set up LinkedIn profiles but I had one and had it for over 2 years

One session on interview technique where I was asked if I wanted to take the class then banned from answering the questions as she the 'advisor' said I knew too many of the answers - this was after I had been on the WP 21 months!!!

My CV is up to date with what I have been doing on the WP and me researching my family tree going back 250 years in 4 branches of the family and online course in Excel and keeping up to date with new version etc

I have a good CV and cover letter so the JCA and Careers service bloke said yesterday :(
  • krok
    krok Posts: 358 Forumite
    This is obviously your right but be prepared to have your benefit sanctioned if you are booked and notified to attend more frequently than you currently do so, your reasons will be referred to a decison maker and you may lose benefit if you fail to attend without good cause.
    Only your feathers will fly as no skins off the staff nose if you end up with a benefit sanction.

I noticed you take repaeted jobsearch as you have stated in your previous thread, i would imagine this will be noticed once you start seeing the same person and they start ringing the employers whose jobs you state you have applied for.

Im sorry Busy Mom but it is illegal for any Employer to give infomation out on a application without that persons permission.
    That is what the data protection act is all about.

You should know this as an adviser.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport