ppi payment for partner

12 years ago we (myself and my partner) took out 2 loans in a joint account, as we approached august i though i would try and see whether we were due our ppi back as ppi was never mentioned and for the second loan my partner had lost his job, so was useless.
so i filled in the forms but only put my name on it, ive received a 2 letters for both the loans ppi and have got a 50% refund + interest (50% as i am only entitled to 1/2 of the refund) but as the deadline has ended does that mean he cant claim his 1/2? even though the bank knows he is entitled to it.
Compers challenge 2024 wins!!!!....

Comments

• MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,907 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Yup, he lost out.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • brettcta
    brettcta Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Not necessarily no - some banks (including where I work) will pay out to the other party even now. It’s worth them contacting the lender and talking to them.
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • lucinad
    lucinad Posts: 5,274 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    brettcta wrote: »
    Not necessarily no - some banks (including where I work) will pay out to the other party even now. It’s worth them contacting the lender and talking to them.

thank you Brettcta, it is definitely worth a try do you have any advice how to go about contacting them, email/letter/phone/twitterchat!? lol
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Any except twitter. Lol.
  • lucinad
    Ha ha yeah didn't think so! :rotfl:
  • brettcta
    brettcta Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Phone will usually do it. You could try smoke signals.
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • lucinad wrote: »
    12 years ago we (myself and my partner) took out 2 loans in a joint account, as we approached august i though i would try and see whether we were due our ppi back as ppi was never mentioned and for the second loan my partner had lost his job, so was useless.
    so i filled in the forms but only put my name on it, ive received a 2 letters for both the loans ppi and have got a 50% refund + interest (50% as i am only entitled to 1/2 of the refund) but as the deadline has ended does that mean he cant claim his 1/2? even though the bank knows he is entitled to it.

Hi, This has happened to myself and partner, did you have any luck ?
  • lucinad
    I'm waiting to hear back i didn't query it straight away. It's worth a try, better than doing nothing. I would have thought legally they have admitted miselling ppi on both 50%s so surely the other 50% has already been allocated, but not yet claimed.
    I'm waiting to hear back i didn't query it straight away. It's worth a try, better than doing nothing. I would have thought legally they have admitted miselling ppi on both 50%s so surely the other 50% has already been allocated, but not yet claimed.
    Thanks for the reply, Yes I have just done a letter to post off so fingers crossed, good luck.
    . . so surely the other 50% has already been allocated, but not yet claimed.
    Nothing is "allocated".

That's claims company lies!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport