Santander PPI - I only got £20.09

2»

Comments

• Labsuper wrote: »
    Precisely £11,000?
    brettcta wrote: »
    In 3+ years assessing PPI complaints I’ve seen an offer, after deductions, with no pence just the once and it wasn’t a Nice round figure like £11,000. You must be exceptionally lucky to have gotten such a nice round amount.

I have always referred to my own PPI redress as £20K, but in actuality it was a few hundred quid more than that.

I expect "meer53" similarly rounds up (or down) rather than typing £11, 024.03 each time! ;)
  • brettcta
    brettcta Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I have always referred to my own PPI redress as £20K, but in actuality it was a few hundred quid more than that.

I expect "meer53" similarly rounds up (or down) rather than typing £11, 024.03 each time! ;)

‘£11,000 To be precise’ is what piqued my interest in the post.
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • I have always referred to my own PPI redress as £20K, but in actuality it was a few hundred quid more than that.

The problem is that people are misunderstanding some nuances of the English language when reading his post. He said "£11,000 to be precise" but that doesn't necessarily mean his payout was exactly that amount. It's the precise number of thousands in response to somebody else saying that some people get "thousands" so may be rounded.
    It's a "precise" number in the context it was used (of discussing "thousands") but may not be mathematically precise.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure