Fibromyalgia (part 2)

Comments

• morning all

pap sounds like france was a nice break, and thats great news about the dla.

sue how are you this morning?

kass how was pilates?
  • black_paw
    black_paw Posts: 1,791 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Paparika wrote: »
    Hiya everyone, i hope your all behaving...

sorry not been on for a while, kinda had a few down self pity days and have just spent all last week in France with my parents, (came back yesterday).

The weather was perfect, we even saw the shooting stars to nights running, just in time for my parents wedding anniversary,

And omg what a surprise to find this morning checking my bank, dla have awarded me, higer mobility and middle carers i can't believe it, i was so chuffed, all they wanted was a report from my gp, no medical needed, i was worried they would say no after all the scarey stuff i have read on here with us fibro sufferers.

my consultant rang me just before i went away to confirm that they cannot rule out ms now :confused: so will see him in a matter of weeks and his partner wants to see me too :confused:.

all in all a bit up and a bit down, but today was a good day, dla wise and getting my lovely perry the pup back from boarding kennels and who is presently on my lap sulking for leaving him for a week.

wonderfull news with DLA it does make a different in helping out with the day to day life.:T
    Glad you had nice holiday .. am trying to save up for short 3-4 days break in the uk lots offers on on the coach deals seen 5 days for £ 145 b/b and evening meal and 2 outings in norfolk . is just getting round to book it. may leave to last min for more money off.
    love and kisses to perry pup
    the truth is out there ... on these pages !!
    <3
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Sue OMG your poor head!:eek: I was going to mention the possibility of concussion, but Auntie Axe beat me to it. You will promise to take it easy, won't you? And if you still feel queasy, PLEASE get yourself checked over.
    Doc gave me some "hormone" tablets a while back (just realised, it's at least a couple of years ago!!:eek:), and they turned me into a veritable fire-breathing dragon. So I told her I'd rather put up with the ...er... "irregularity" iykwim rather than put Mr LW through that. Might be different tablets from the ones you've got, also even if same, you might get on better with them than I did. Best of luck, in any case.:o

Paparika nice to see you back. I hope your week in France has done you good. Great news on your DLA. I wish you all the best for your appt with the consultant. And please give Perry Puppy a cuddle for me.

Pcl the delivery men assembled the bed for us and took the old one away, all we had to do was put the bed linen on, which took about 10 mins. It's lovely and comfortable, and has now been thoroughly tested.;):whistle:

BZ any luck on the underwear front yet? Ooh, that was an unfortunate way of putting it, wasn't it? LOL

:hello: to everyone else; hope you're all having a pain-free and stress-free day.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • black_paw
    black_paw Posts: 1,791 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    sue You poor love! Please do take it easy for a day or two at least. If you still feel sicky, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that you have a concussion.
    Will you promise me to make sure that DH keeps an eye on you tonight please?Lots of hugs.
    i agree with cwta you can get concussion .. take care and stay in and rest for day or so , and report to doctor if get worse.
    the truth is out there ... on these pages !!
    <3
  • kassandra
    kassandra Posts: 377 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I didn't go pcl. Was quite relieved actually as I was in quite a lot of pain but there was no way I was going to back out. My friend wasn't feeling up to it so we're going tomorrow afternoon instead. There's also one on a Monday morning but I'm not really friends with mornings so I think I'll leave it to Tuesday nights and Friday aft's.

That's great news pap, I'm thinking about claiming again now that I've been seen by rheumy and they've confirmed fibro and extreme hypermobility. I've been referred for physio and to fibro clinic too so it should all go toward proving I'm not making it up! I'm glad you didn't struggle.
  • kassandra
    kassandra Posts: 377 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hope you're feeling ok today suep xxxx
  • bigzippy
    bigzippy Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    kassandra wrote: »
    That's good news about !!!B bz. Bet she was cacking herself about not finding one in time. I might start my own underwear range for fibromites/lupines/chronic pain sufferers! Is your dress strapless/off the shoulder bz?
    Sounds like a wonderous idea dude! My dress is currently strapless, but I'm getting them to put straps on it. You've seen the pics, right?
    It's still not in the shop...I saw the assistant manager in the shop on tues and she promised me she was chasing it. She rang today to say it's on it's way...we'll see.:rolleyes:
    LameWolf wrote: »
    Take it easy BZ, as long as you can just wave at us from time to time, don't stress about replying to everything.
    Sulk? You? I didn't have you pegged as a Bridezilla.:D
    Cheers dude. I'm actually managing to keep Bridezilla at bay atm...I think because I know that it's no fun for ppl around you if you turn into one, and cos it would negatively affect my health if I was stressed all the time...:o:cool:
    I was sulking tho...I hate underwear shopping, and I hate that the illness has made me fat as well as pained, so even when I find one that "fits" it's pretty much gauranteed that it's either minging or really uncomfortable...or both o' course:rolleyes: I had a bit of a sulky paddy about it the other night, having spent about 1.5hrs in Bravissimo trying to find something :o
    "I am indelibly stained by hope and longing" - Nuts in May
  • bigzippy
    bigzippy Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    Paparika wrote: »
    And omg what a surprise to find this morning checking my bank, dla have awarded me, higer mobility and middle carers i can't believe it, i was so chuffed, all they wanted was a report from my gp, no medical needed, i was worried they would say no after all the scarey stuff i have read on here with us fibro sufferers.
    Well in dude! :T
    LameWolf wrote: »
    Pcl the delivery men assembled the bed for us and took the old one away, all we had to do was put the bed linen on, which took about 10 mins. It's lovely and comfortable, and has now been thoroughly tested.;):whistle:

BZ any luck on the underwear front yet? Ooh, that was an unfortunate way of putting it, wasn't it? LOL
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:No need!!:rotfl:
    kassandra wrote: »
    I've been referred for physio and to fibro clinic too so it should all go toward proving I'm not making it up!
    Ummm...."fibro clinic"?!? What's one of them?!:confused:
    "I am indelibly stained by hope and longing" - Nuts in May
  • i saw a beautiful cat at the vets today...it was apparently a breed called ragdoll. such lovely eyes. had siamese colouring but long fur. i want!

kass enjoy the pilates today instead :)
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    i saw a beautiful cat at the vets today...it was apparently a breed called ragdoll. such lovely eyes. had siamese colouring but long fur. i want!
    I think Whitney and Chloe might have something to say about that.:D
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure