Weezl and friends Phase 3 - sitting pretty with Kitty

Comments

• Bigjenny
    Bigjenny Posts: 601 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    edited 4 August 2010 at 10:26PM
    New Kitty site looks good.

Looking forward to testing some of the recipes, either 1/4 or half portions to see if I like them
    "When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us" Alexander Graham Bell
  • Loving the new part of the site, I shall try and slide some of the recipes into the meal plan and report back. Sweetcorn fritters for starters probably as it's corn season here :-).
    Eat food, not edible food-like items. Mostly plants.
  • weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    Loving the new part of the site, I shall try and slide some of the recipes into the meal plan and report back. Sweetcorn fritters for starters probably as it's corn season here :-).
    hello QOS has life settled down a bit now? Nice to see you! :D

a link here is quite interesting. I guess these are the kittys and shirls it will be much harder to help.

:hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • Oooh shiny new thread for Kitty! :j

I am definitely going to try making a few more of Kitty's meals this month, can't wait :)
    Money paid out from Topcashback so far= £105.89 :j
    No buying magazines in 2011 Challenge- Number bought to date= 0 :)

• ariarnia
    ariarnia Posts: 4,225 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    hello - have been reading but didn't really have anything to add for a while, but out of interest, what are the doughnuts like?
    Oh really like's the one's he buys when we go to shows, but are they like them?
    And, the batch is for 80, do they freeze? or do you snaffle them all when hot (*explodes*)?
    Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you. Anne Lamott

It's amazing how those with a can-do attitude and willingness to 'pitch in and work' get all the luck, isn't it?

Please consider buying some pet food and giving it to your local food bank collection or animal charity. Animals aren't to blame for the cost of living crisis.
  • weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    ariarnia wrote: »
    And, the batch is for 80, do they freeze? or do you snaffle them all when hot (*explodes*)?
    hi welcome back :)

not sure where you linked from but if you go to recipes and then snacks the table there has a column showing which recipes freeze well. HTH :)

:hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • artybear
    artybear Posts: 978 Forumite
    Well I already have to go back on my promise to test all the dinners at least once. I have just spied the eviiillllllll sweetcorn fritters on the planner,:mad: no way will I eat sweetcorn for anyone.:o Not even lovely Weezl.

So thats off my list :D:cool:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    In art as in love, instinct is enough
    Anatole France

Things are beautiful if you love them
    Jean Anouilh
  • Allegra
    Allegra Posts: 1,517 Forumite
    ariarnia wrote: »
    hello - have been reading but didn't really have anything to add for a while, but out of interest, what are the doughnuts like?
    Oh really like's the one's he buys when we go to shows, but are they like them?

They are absolutely delightful. I have not managed to freeze any yet as DD likes them so much !

You might find them a bit denser (not as airy and fluffy) than the shop-bought ones - if you are scared of not liking them and don't want to risk 2kg of flour, just halve or quarter the batch, or bake part of the dough as bread and just do some of it as doughnuts.
  • Allegra
    Allegra Posts: 1,517 Forumite
    artybear wrote: »
    Well I already have to go back on my promise to test all the dinners at least once. I have just spied the eviiillllllll sweetcorn fritters on the planner,:mad: no way will I eat sweetcorn for anyone.:o Not even lovely Weezl.

So thats off my list :D:cool:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I must admit, I am struggling with fitting the tomato and olive pudding into our meal plan, as that's one that !!!!!! has stated catgorically will not try ! I do want to try and find a gap where I can wedge it in for me to try though....
  • artybear
    artybear Posts: 978 Forumite
    Allegra wrote: »
    I must admit, I am struggling with fitting the tomato and olive pudding into our meal plan, as that's one that !!!!!! has stated catgorically will not try ! I do want to try and find a gap where I can wedge it in for me to try though....

Thats so funny as thats the one I am most looking forward too.....everyone is so different:D
    In art as in love, instinct is enough
    Anatole France

Things are beautiful if you love them
    Jean Anouilh
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business