12-24 weeks pregnant (part 4)

Comments

• Well I went to the drs today who has given me anti histamines for the itching (which is still really bad and keeping me awake all night) my blood test results came back as normal thank god, so they are putting the itching down to my hormones... oh joy. I have had to take the last 3 days off work it is that painful and annoying (particularly when I am warm and the heating is never off in work).

euro- I feel your pain I was a FF cup before hand, god knows what I am now (I'm having to wear the XL maternity bras from m&s, which isn't great as I have a small-ish back anyway) My boobs itch like crazy but I don't know if they are just stretching or it is my damn hormones, prob a bit of both for good measure... why the hell not!!

I will be moving up to the last thread on Weds arghhh so scary, my friend had her baby the other day (he was 2 weeks early) by emergency c section, I haven't seen him in the flesh yet, but she sends me lots of pics and he is so gorgeous, I can't wait to meet my little man!!
    Married 1st October 2015:heartpuls

1st Baby due June 2016 :happylove
  • Has anyone else had a really strange ache in their ear cartilage? Not actual earache but on the outside bit of the ear? Kinda feels like when you've slept awkwardly and folded your ear back?

I've had it since Saturday in my left ear and can't work it out. The pain comes and goes and seems worse in evenings. I've always been a side sleeper so it's not due to change of position, if anything I tend to sleep more right side than left (naughty I know!).

It's really bugging me and quite painful at times. I've had a quick Google and a few people have said they've had similar but no name to it or reason or how to help it!
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • LittleMoog
    LittleMoog Posts: 2,392 Forumite
    Well I went to the drs today who has given me anti histamines for the itching (which is still really bad and keeping me awake all night) my blood test results came back as normal thank god, so they are putting the itching down to my hormones... oh joy. I have had to take the last 3 days off work it is that painful and annoying (particularly when I am warm and the heating is never off in work).

euro- I feel your pain I was a FF cup before hand, god knows what I am now (I'm having to wear the XL maternity bras from m&s, which isn't great as I have a small-ish back anyway) My boobs itch like crazy but I don't know if they are just stretching or it is my damn hormones, prob a bit of both for good measure... why the hell not!!

I will be moving up to the last thread on Weds arghhh so scary, my friend had her baby the other day (he was 2 weeks early) by emergency c section, I haven't seen him in the flesh yet, but she sends me lots of pics and he is so gorgeous, I can't wait to meet my little man!!

If you've got one nearby, get to a Bravissimo for fitting, they have proper cup sized maternity bras up to j/K cups. I've not found anything on the high street that's any good, even if they make the larger cup sizes they don't alter the design for large boobs so offer very little support.
    Little monkey born November 2012:j
    Froglet due March 2016 :D
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,980 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Flutter only when I've been out and they've been cold and i come back to a warm environment.. like they are defrosting!

I'm a right miserable mare today.. pain, lack of sleep and hospital appointment for my 13y/o's pre-op assessment.. I am at odds with the world today lol

I can barely walk.. SPD kicked in good and proper after 2 school runs yesterday and no painkillers in the house other than the vodka I don't want :( .. this is the one thing I really hate (spd not vodka!).
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • LittleMoog wrote: »
    If you've got one nearby, get to a Bravissimo for fitting, they have proper cup sized maternity bras up to j/K cups. I've not found anything on the high street that's any good, even if they make the larger cup sizes they don't alter the design for large boobs so offer very little support.

Thanks for that, I will see where my nearest one is and pay them a visit, they did measure me at m&s but they found that this style fitted me better (saying that though they start to loose their shape after so long and now just sag a little... the bras I mean, not my boobs, however they are also starting to sag a little :o )

Well I am 24 weeks today so me and my itchiness will now be moving to the final thread :eek: see you all there soon xx
    Married 1st October 2015:heartpuls

1st Baby due June 2016 :happylove
  • LittleMoog
    Thanks for that, I will see where my nearest one is and pay them a visit, they did measure me at m&s but they found that this style fitted me better (saying that though they start to loose their shape after so long and now just sag a little... the bras I mean, not my boobs, however they are also starting to sag a little :o )

Well I am 24 weeks today so me and my itchiness will now be moving to the final thread :eek: see you all there soon xx

I've always found M&S utterly useless for fitting big boobs correctly, when I discovered Bravissimo I went from a 42DD to a 36FF and it totally changed my figure. Finally my boobs were held up where they're supposed to be and I got a whole new waist!
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,980 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    I really hate M&S bras... they think everyone has 80's shoulders (remember the Dallas shoulder pads? .. like that!) Their sizes do not really correlate with anyoe elses and their fitting service goes.. measure under the boobs for the chest measurement and guess at cup size! Mothercare sizes are totally different to everywhere else on the planet so don't even bother trying there. Debenhams seemed to offer a decent fitting service but I do think a lot of it depends on who is working when you go in!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • LittleMoog
    pigpen wrote: »
    I really hate M&S bras... they think everyone has 80's shoulders (remember the Dallas shoulder pads? .. like that!) Their sizes do not really correlate with anyoe elses and their fitting service goes.. measure under the boobs for the chest measurement and guess at cup size! Mothercare sizes are totally different to everywhere else on the planet so don't even bother trying there. Debenhams seemed to offer a decent fitting service but I do think a lot of it depends on who is working when you go in!

Or in my experience measure under boobs and round boobs, and then increase back size so you can get customer into a bra under an E cup. :rotfl:
    Debenhams, John Lewis and Fenwicks (if you have one near you) all have better fitting services, but Bravissimo is superb. No tape measures and all the staff are trained to get you a really good fit based on the bra style you're trying on.
  • I went to the Mothercare expectant parent evening tonight. Wasn't very impressed, although I didn't stay for all the talks cos I was bored! And it was clear they were only showing off the higher end products etc.

The goody bag had 10 pack wet wipes, a dummy, 14 days worth of Pregnacare tablets, 2 nursing pads, 2 pack of breast milk storage bags and a group company room thermometer.

As far as I could tell the 10% off was only valid on the night.

I did also get a 'x days til the birth' sign free from one of the local companies, and will get a free mum and baby swim session when baby is born.

It seemed very unorganised there, I arrived just after 5pm. Store was still open to public (meant to be shut), no refreshments available, most stands hadn't set up properly and the girl doing the booking in couldn't find people on her sheet!

I did get to chat to a midwife so asked her about my ear. She hadn't heard of it before! So told me to see gp next wk if still bad. Oh and she said deep heat was ok away from bump area.
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • not heard of the ear thing flutter!

See you and your itchyness on the other side I hope skint :D

Thanks for the tip about the bras Little Moog - I need some bigger, I found debenhams ok last time but I kept the maternity bra for this time and it has totally lost its shape so definitely need new! I went from a 36DD to a 38FF and despite losing all the baby weight, the boobs never went down! Hoping they don't go up another 3 cup sizes this time, I cannot cope with finding clothes as it is!

Well I got some sleeveless vests today in pink, going to get some blue too as we are team yellow, just don't want to be chasing round in the first few weeks but want to have some colour! Also got some bottles, dummies and teats ordered. Got some newborn nappies in Pampers and Little Angels (asda) as I found the latter better for that horrible runny BF baby poo last time. Starting to feel a bit more real...and so it should being almost 23 weeks! It is going SO fast for me!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback