IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Ignoring Fake Invoice To Pay

I am in receipt of a CPN which I have no intention of paying since as I understand it these are little more than an invitation to pay an extortionate fee with no legal binding.

I know I will be subject to a barrage of threatening letters which I will ignore, but can the parking firm send for debt collection services - for example can they clamp the car in question or send bailiffs to attempt to enforce payment. Or is this only possible if a court case was ruled in their favour and payment was not made.

Looking for some clarity regarding this matter.

Thank you.

Comments

• pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    only possible if a court case was ruled in their favour and payment was not made.

please read the newbies thread , all answers inc the way to deal with scum are in it
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Everyone is politely asked not to start a new thread till they have read the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum

Go there now and you will see the advice here is not to ignore the PPC!
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,150
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    The advice to ignore has not been given on this forum since the law changed in 2012.

To get the most up to date, and correct advice, please read the Sticky thread for NEWBIES as already advised.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I am in receipt of a CPN which I have no intention of paying since as I understand it these are little more than an invitation to pay an extortionate fee with no legal binding.

I know I will be subject to a barrage of threatening letters which I will ignore, but can the parking firm send for debt collection services - for example can they clamp the car in question or send bailiffs to attempt to enforce payment. Or is this only possible if a court case was ruled in their favour and payment was not made.

Looking for some clarity regarding this matter.

Thank you.

CLARIFICATION
    We know they are fake but the stupid parking companies
    think they are real.

On that basis, they proceed to timewasting idiot
    debt collectors who are powerless

No door knocking, no bailiffs no credit problems
    as they are powerless to do anything

The any time this happens is if you went to court,
    you lost and did not pay as the court directs

If you get court papers, do not ignore but come back here

NEVER EVER contact timewasting debt collectors
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,572
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Private clamping/towing away/blocking in, is illegal and has been since 2012.

The biggest concern would be if it is a litigious firm but the NEWBIES thread tells you how to find out with one Google search.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Just to claeify, the NtK has been served, I appealed as the registered keeper but was not the driver (I really wasn't), my appeal was rejected to appealed to their plastic independent appeals service who completely disregarded my arguments (their notice was defective since it failed to comply with the PoFA).

So now that I have 'lost' my two appeals I have no where else to turn so I planned to ignore the demands which will now follow. I have read in the newbie thread that I should however NOT ignore any letters concerning court should they arrive.

I will go back to the newbie thread and have another read...
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Yes you are in the debt collectors stage where you ignore everything except court correspondence or a lbcca

They have 6 years to start legal action

Come back for advice on dealing with the court if that bridge ever turns up
  • I have just noticed that the car parking company have sent me some correpsondances with BPA logos on, whom they are no longer with. A BPA logo means their appeals system is handled by POPLA if I am not mistaken? Therefore it would be reasonable for me to request a POLA number for an appeal would it not?

Also is there any harm in mentioning in any correspondance that I have spoken to the driver, although I have not and will not name the driver I am not denying that I know who the driver is am I?

Thank you in advnace.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,426
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    The PPC may well be a BPA member, but are they a BPA AOS member?

It is the AOS membership that decides whether or not a PoPLA appeal is appropriate.

Google has the answer to that.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,572
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure