Charging Order? The myth

Comments

• Writing in here (sorry) as it won't let me post my own thread. Can you have a ccj removed if it's in the wrong name? I got a parking ticket and didn't realise (it blew off car) and they sent letter which with being away on holiday didn't get and just checked my partners file and they have given him a ccj as they car owned by him when really the parking ticket was mine. Can we have this changed at all and taken from his account?
  • DAKOTA45
    DAKOTA45 Posts: 592 Forumite
    Writing in here (sorry) as it won't let me post my own thread. Can you have a ccj removed if it's in the wrong name? I got a parking ticket and didn't realise (it blew off car) and they sent letter which with being away on holiday didn't get and just checked my partners file and they have given him a ccj as they car owned by him when really the parking ticket was mine. Can we have this changed at all and taken from his account?

You have a charging order for a parking ticket?!! D45
  • Yeah my partner has a ccj against his credit file for not paying the parking ticket the total is £85 not sure where we stand either removing it or at least putting it onto my credit file as it was me who got it.
  • chkymonky wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Finally I have found a lender to remortgage my house. the solicitors acting on behalf of lender are adamant to clear of 3 restriction on my house in my name.

1 of the restriction is from Northern rock who has sold to Marlin. I dont pay them anything and they have given up chasing as well.
    not sure how to deal this scenario?

Any advise would be highly appreciated.

Marlin has its license cancelled on FSA register. Can I fill in RX3 and state that the restriction needs to be cancelled as Northern Rock has sold the loan to Marlin and Marlin and its solicitors still havent responded to my letters in 3 years to prove the debt.

Plus both Marlin and its solictors licence is cancelled

Do I stand any chance to get the restriction cancelled?
  • eggbox
    eggbox Posts: 1,771 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    chkymonky wrote: »
    Marlin has its license cancelled on FSA register. Can I fill in RX3 and state that the restriction needs to be cancelled as Northern Rock has sold the loan to Marlin and Marlin and its solicitors still havent responded to my letters in 3 years to prove the debt.

Plus both Marlin and its solictors licence is cancelled

Do I stand any chance to get the restriction cancelled?

Marlin were taken over by Cabot Financial in 2014 so I would contact them in the first instance as your account will have been transferred to them.
  • eggbox
    Writing in here (sorry) as it won't let me post my own thread. Can you have a ccj removed if it's in the wrong name? I got a parking ticket and didn't realise (it blew off car) and they sent letter which with being away on holiday didn't get and just checked my partners file and they have given him a ccj as they car owned by him when really the parking ticket was mine. Can we have this changed at all and taken from his account?

Hi Rebecca, the owner of the car is responsible for any parking tickets so you would need to provide evidence that you were the driver on the day and were responsible for the parking infringement.

If you can do that you would need to apply to set aside the CCJ using form N244 and pay the £255 fee (unless you are exempt on financial grounds?)

You will, however, also have to convince the Judge why letters the parking company sent, regarding the fine, and also the Court papers, regarding the Court claim, weren't responded to?

If you are confident you can do that then it may be possible to set aside the judgement and then have it re-issued in your name to pay.
  • eggbox
    DAKOTA45 wrote: »
    You have a charging order for a parking ticket?!! D45

It's a CCJ not a CO
  • eggbox
    Sparkles69 wrote: »
    Hi eggbox, choochybaby 69 here, with a name change. I've not been on for a while, but just asking if we have a solicitor willing to help us at the moment please?
    Thanks, P.

Have sent you a PM
  • eggbox
    If any of the site team are monitoring this thread I've got the problem of not being updated of new posts if you can have a look, please?
  • eggbox wrote: »
    Marlin were taken over by Cabot Financial in 2014 so I would contact them in the first instance as your account will have been transferred to them.

Hi Eggbox,

The landregisrty has the restriction still under northernrock's name. its been almst 4 years since northern rock sold ro marlin. I dont pay anything to marlin. when the loan was sold I asked Marlin to prove the debt and the last letter i received was my file is on hold.

Now my lender wants this restriction to be paid or cancelled before he lend me for remortgage.

Do you think should I try setting aside original CO using Form N244: as Marlin still hasnt transferred the CO and its been now 4 years from NR to Marlin?

I havent recd anything from Cabot abt transfer.

by the way MY CCJ is gone off from my credit file.

Thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure