PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge - part two

Options

Comments

• zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 9 February 2017 at 11:39AM
    Options
    I'm really, really :mad: this morning, I sell eggs at the gate and someone has not only taken them all but has broken the dog cage I use to put the eggs in which keeps the squirrels out. From the shape of it (it's bolted down) I think they have also tried to wrench off the bench. Also they have managed to get into the money honesty box (also bolted down) and broken it. - and I live well and truly in the sticks!!!! The cost of replacing everything well exceeds the profit I make on £1 for 6 fresh, organic free range eggs, after I've fed, bedded, and wormed etc, makes you want to give up.

OUT freezer
    casserole meat
    parkin
    rest is from fridge
  • phizzimum
    phizzimum Posts: 1,712 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That's awful @zafiro
    weaving through the chaos...
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    zafiro1984 wrote: »
    I'm really, really :mad: this morning, I sell eggs at the gate and someone has not only taken them all but has broken the dog cage I use to put the eggs in which keeps the squirrels out. From the shape of it (it's bolted down) I think they have also tried to wrench off the bench. Also they have managed to get into the money honesty box (also bolted down) and broken it. - and I live well and truly in the sticks!!!! The cost of replacing everything well exceeds the profit I make on £1 for 6 fresh, organic free range eggs, after I've fed, bedded, and wormed etc, makes you want to give up.

OUT freezer
    casserole meat
    parkin
    rest is from fridge

Awwww hugs, that's awful.
    Slimming World at target
  • Franalamadingdong
    Options
    Oh zafiro I am so sorry. We have a local person who sells eggs, kindling, flowers, veg etc. with just a little tub out for money. I'd hate the idea of anyone taking it.

Used the leftover chilli and rice for lunch. Will use the half onion and half tin of tomatoes in the fridge left from yesterday for tea. Happily the nausea from the medication has passed.
  • Ginmonster
    Options
    That's terrible Zafiro! It's so upsetting that someone would destroy all your hard work like that. I'm sure all the people who have enjoyed being able to buy your lovely fresh eggs would be gutted for you too.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    zafiro1984 wrote: »
    Absolutely shocking so sorry to hear about the wanton destruction :mad:

Out:- (last YS) Brioche bun, 1 HM vension burger, 1 pack of diced pork
    In:- I portion LO cous cous, 2 "sub" rolls
    Used up:- end of white cabbage & spring onions LO from New Year :eek:
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    How upsetting for you zafiro. I used to sell veg seedlings out front until someone took the lot plus the table and the money pot. We also had our potted Christmas tree taken Christmas 2015 - we had only moved it round the front ready to put the lights on it and there it was, gone.

Sometimes people do things for their own reasons with no thought for the impact on others.
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 25.04% spent or £754.10/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • Winchelsea
    Options
    Oh, zafiro, how annoying and upsetting!

My friend once gave her lovely yucca plant a bit of TLC, then put it outside on the front doorstep for a while, thinking a bit of fresh air would do it good. When she went to get it in, of course it had gone.
    When there's wanton destruction as well.......terrible.
    Keeping three cats, the car and myself on a small budget, and enjoying life while we're at it!
  • JensFeet
    JensFeet Posts: 83 Forumite
    Options
    Oh my goodness there are some really quite vile people - so sorry to hear your news Zafiro. How awful.
    I'm sure that if folks were desperately hungry or just didn't have the means to buy your eggs (which at £1 for 6 is more than reasonable) they wouldn't have damaged the cage and stolen your money too. I imagine it would make you fizzing mad.

IN: yesterday's lo chilli con carne into freezer; lo x2 portions of chicken and bacon traybake to fridge
    OUT: small chunk bacon, brie, several mushrooms, carrots, brocolli (all fridge), tinned sweetcorn

NSD #6 achieved today but some top up shopping needed tomorrow - list includes bread, milk, eggs, cream, salad stuff, icing sugar, cumin, coriander, beer (OH home at the weekend). Not a huge amount required and hopefully enough to get through the weekend and up to Thursday next week (depending on dates for cream, milk etc) - although may need bread before then?

Hope all is well with everybody x
  • FurryBeastOz
    Options
    Grrr. Takeaway last night. Half price due to a mix up in their last order, but still unnecessary.

I'll parcel up the leftovers - at least 3 portions for the weekend.

We postponed our meal out to tonight. So I'm eating Wednesday night leftovers for lunch. Not sure what DH will be having but I'll find something that needs finishing off no doubt.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport