Outfox The Market Direct Debit changes

Comments

• ben501
    ben501 Posts: 668 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Anthorn wrote: »

But where did I say I was reporting the promotion of the Facebook group in this thread? Quote and link if you please.
    I've no idea. I wasn't aware anyone said you were. Maybe you're misreading again.

Please could you say what your interest is, if not just to troll at other's expense?

You continue to post unhelpful and antagonising comments. You do not have first hand experience of OFTM's behaviour, so can only base comments on what you read and conclude, which is often far from correct.

Some posts which oppose your view have been removed, which suggests use of the report button. Add that to your reply to editor1 which mentions the forum team, who would be very unlikely to have any knowledge of this topic's content unless someone brings it to their attention by reporting it.
    Oh wow ... really ...MSE Andrea eh ... well I never ... ROFL.
    Then again, you appear to sneer at mention of MSE Andrea who I think is one of the longest serving members of the Forum team you earlier mentioned (you've been here long enough so you should know that there are no moderators)

Have you not seen the 'Please be especially nice' comment regarding new posters? They come here for help, and you give replies likely to inflame. Hardly MSE friendly. Maybe a few should start reporting some of your posts.
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My answer to ben501's post above is 42.

Lets recap by looking at the true facts: Direct Debit changes aside because they are now resolved what remains is the lesser problem of price rises. MSE warned against Outfox, just about every comparison site I accessed including MSE and uSwitch warned that the Outfox tariffs were variable, MSE and others advised that in the current difficult times energy customers should avoid price rises by switching to a fixed tariff. Yet some customers probably most notably those complaining in this thread chose to stay on the Outfox variable tariff or switched to it and were as was warned, hit by price rises. It was their own fault!

Now let's look at the Facebook Discussion group where someone has posted in rather large lettering about their credit refund of £12.08p. For crying out loud, when I switched from Scottish Power my credit was £270 and right now my credit with EDF after just a month and allowing for my consumption over that month is £52.61p. Words fail me: Why do Outfox customers think they deserve special treatment over and above the millions of energy customers who have an account credit in the winter?

I can't continue with this post because I'm absolutely incredulous: If I had not personally witnessed the above events of ceaseless complaining unfold I would never have believed it!
  • ben501
    ben501 Posts: 668 Forumite
    My answer to ben501's post above is [STRIKE]42[/STRIKE]. la la la la la. Sorry I can't hear you.
    Corrected that for you!

Lets recap by looking at the true facts: Direct Debit changes aside because they are now resolved

No they're not.We have been told not to contact them until the 15th of January. The resolution is currently unknown

what remains is the lesser problem of price rises. MSE warned

against Outfox,
    Please do indulge us. Certainly they said there wasn't enough information to recommend them, but that is not the same as warning against them.
    And before you go linking to the Energy Club, the current warning is a recent addition.

just about every comparison site I accessed including MSE and uSwitch warned that the Outfox tariffs were variable, MSE and others advised that in the current difficult times energy customers should avoid price rises by switching to a fixed tariff. Yet some customers probably most notably those complaining in this thread chose to stay on the Outfox variable tariff or switched to it and were as was warned, hit by price rises. It was their own fault!
    Many are on fixed tariffs. We are still affected by their behaviour.

Now let's look at the Facebook Discussion group where someone has posted in rather large lettering about their credit refund of £12.08p. For crying out loud, when I switched from Scottish Power my credit was £270 and right now my credit with EDF after just a month and allowing for my consumption over that month is £52.61p.
    Just because you are unable to manage you finances, there is no need to bully others.

Words fail me: Why do Outfox customers think they deserve special treatment over and above the millions of energy customers who have an account credit in the winter?
    Yet you've never given a decent response about those who have already got large credit balances (more than enough to cover increased winter usage), have had to endure the increased direct debits on top of that, and have been completely ignored by OFTM. How do you justify the behaviour of OFTM in these instances? Why should they be allowed to keep, in some cases over 3 months credit, yet ignore requests to credit some of that balance.

I can't continue with this post because I'm absolutely incredulous: If I had not personally witnessed the above events of ceaseless complaining unfold I would never have believed it!
  • hubb
    hubb Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    After complaining I see they have massively over estimated my latest payment £200 in debit from £99 credit, even though I left 3 weeks ago. It's beyond belief.
  • techno12
    techno12 Posts: 720 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 8 January 2019 at 11:16PM
    I've just had to raise a DD indemnity with Barclays to get my money back, as like others I've jumped ship.

My switch to Utility Point completed on 5th Jan (as they're around 20% cheaper than Outfox will be once the latest rise kicks in), but Outfox took a hugely inflated 40% regular DD payment on 8th Jan for the forthcoming month. As I've left, of course they shouldn't be doing this, as I've already paid £55 to Utility Point for my first month in advance.

Paying twice? No way!

I'm £62 in credit, and will have probably used £50 in December, so they've no reason to take a 'regular' DD. (yes they can debit/credit a balancing one once the final bill arrives of course).

I've emailed them letting them know what I've done.

What a faff, should have stuck with Npower (was with them for 15 years till July...)
  • markipad
    markipad Posts: 64 Forumite
    Readers of this thread may be interested in a BBC Radio 4 broadcast today, which featured an item about Outfox The Market, together with an interview:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0001yg5
  • Steve456
    Steve456 Posts: 58 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    markipad wrote: »
    Readers of this thread may be interested in a BBC Radio 4 broadcast today, which featured an item about Outfox The Market, together with an interview:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0001yg5

To save searching the whole programme, it starts at 15 minutes in.
  • darroch
    darroch Posts: 40 Forumite
    Has anyone received a DD of an amount they weren’t expecting?

I received two emails of the proposed winter DD. The revised email on the 22nd November stated that it would be £53.80. Normal payments have been £38.43. On Monday they took out £85.89. As you can imagine I’m pretty annoyed!

Have phoned them and they said to email the complaint. Have done so but just decided to switch to Bulb energy as not impressed with their service.
  • jaybeetoo
    jaybeetoo Posts: 1,337 Forumite
    If they haven’t taken the amount they said they would then invoke the DD guarantee with your bank.
  • jaybeetoo
    jaybeetoo Posts: 1,337 Forumite
    I left OTM at the end of November. I just got my final bill and have sent them a final payment (which was less than £5), as I cancelled my DD when I left to stop them taking any more money.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure