Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • elysse77
    • By elysse77 22nd Apr 19, 8:09 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    elysse77
    New to having several credit cards could use advice.
    • 22nd Apr 19, 8:09 AM
    New to having several credit cards could use advice. 22nd Apr 19 at 8:09 AM
    Hello everyone,

So a quick background, I've had only 2 credit cards in my entire life and I've always paid them 100% every month. Credit score was around 800 until I recently bought a house and it's down to around 785. I've just learned about cashback cards and just went crazy and applied to 5 of them today before learning of this subreddit. I've been approved for Amex Blue Cash Preferred(will cover 6% groceries which I do spend 5-6k a year) and Discover It card(will cover 5% gas for this quarter but with promotion I'd get 10% eventually and 2% on everything else for 1 year) , got denied for USA Cash+ and I'm pending on Citi Double cash and the Nuendo CC. My reasoning for wanting all those cards is that they would probably cover most of my expenses at 5% cash back and I'd have the Citi Double Cash to fall back to for everything else. I only travel usually once a year, sometimes twice so I figured I just wanted to get cash back for everything. Have I started it all wrong by applying to 5 cards on the same day?

Thank you!
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 22nd Apr 19, 8:19 AM
    • 23,844 Posts
    • 26,520 Thanks
    zx81
    • 22nd Apr 19, 8:19 AM
    • 22nd Apr 19, 8:19 AM
    You'll better advice on a US site.

Credit scores aren't used here and US lender criteria may be somewhat different.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

81Posts Today

1,985Users online

Martin's Twitter