We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Thompson and Morgan - plants still not arrived

Options

Comments

• sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,109 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    My order that was 'to be despatched by end of April' has been despatched today.
  • unrecordings
    unrecordings Posts: 2,017 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Sadly, T&M have become a bit hit and miss lately.

I buy my cordon/dwarf fruit trees and soft fruits from www.pomonafruits.co.uk
    Not the cheapest boys in town - but great quality. After all, fruit trees are a long term investment rather than a one season wonder.

+1 for Pomona - I use them too

Why am I in this handcart and where are we going ?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I used them for the first time years ago - wasn't particularly happy with the goods and vowed never to use again.

Was enticed by their brochure a second time, years later ….. same scenario.

Two years ago, enticed again by the lovely photographs in their brochure yet again …. not happy then either :eek:

From my own personal experience this isn't a company I would recommend.
    I buy a lot of plants online and so gamble on the goods' quality etc, i haven't had any problems with other companies, just this one.
  • phoenix7_2
    phoenix7_2 Posts: 64 Forumite
    Options
    I ordered from them because I (wrongly) assumed that being on martin's website they would be a good firm.
    Sadly I am very out of pocket as I have paid for two orders and neither has arrived. No reply to email or pm, no way to contact on phone as they simply don't answer.
    the reviews are dreadful and this is apparently not a new problem .
    A lesson to us all!
  • phoenix7_2
    phoenix7_2 Posts: 64 Forumite
    Options
    They are quite local to me (well, their distribution centre is) and as a Suffolk company I do favour them. It is clear there are some issues this year (possibly a legacy of the summer of 18 and the problems we all experienced). I ordered seeds in Feb and received the Broad Beans last week - about 4 weeks after everything else (they will be planted this autumn now). It is different with living plants - I urge you to complain in writing - they have always been good at rectifying any issues in my experience. I suspect there are problems with some of their contracted growers.

I have been writing/messaging/phoning for several weeks. No reply from any of them. The only thing I have is a hole in my bank account and nothing to show for it.
  • JennyP
    JennyP Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    phoenix7 wrote: »
    I ordered from them because I (wrongly) assumed that being on martin's website they would be a good firm.
    Sadly I am very out of pocket as I have paid for two orders and neither has arrived. No reply to email or pm, no way to contact on phone as they simply don't answer.
    the reviews are dreadful and this is apparently not a new problem .
    A lesson to us all!

Yes, me too.

Mine were despatched on Thursday. They haven't arrived yet. Must admit I am worried that they won't be any good if they've been on route for several days by the time they arrive.

To anyone still waiting: write a Trustpilot review and/or message them via Facebook. Both got replies very quickly whereas using their customer care email address did not.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    phoenix7 wrote: »
    Before you make assumptions like that, consider that around 10 years ago MSE was, as now, telling us which banks paid the best interest, but without knowledge regarding the stability of them.

Some people, myself included, found that when some of these banks collapsed, they were without access to thousands of £.

Of course, MSE displayed a disclaimer, pointing out that they could only tell people about deals, not guarantee them in any way. The responsibility for exercising caution and due diligence rested with the consumer.

Nothing has changed.
  • JennyP
    Options
    Mine still haven't arrived. Has anyone else had theirs? They have now been on route for nearly a week. The tracking website is the vaguest I have ever seen. Surely the plants will be harmed from being in transit for so long?
  • MartinGardener
    Options
    Get on the blower and let them know. I'm sure they'll sort it pretty sharpish.
    You'll find me in the garden. In the shed. In my greenhouses. Or maybe the local hostelry!
  • JennyP
    Options
    Have IM'd them on facebook. That seems to get the fastest response!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure